Menu

CC History Card changes?

Joy at Home

sigh...

new timeline cards (they sound good but goodness!! I am not made of money)

new foundations guide

tuition & registration increases

did i miss anything?

Or maybe this is the summary? egads.

I do not want my kids to have to learn new cards. I do not want to buy new cards. I'm irritated with the money I shelled out a year ago on supplies that were supposed to last for years to come. :glare:

why all of the changes, though?

what's the issue with the existing stuff?

I know the new stuff will be copyrighted CC materials but how does that help me?

Please... break it down for me. I've spent a lot of money so far.

If I can understand the changes, I'll feel better about it.

why all of the changes, though?

what's the issue with the existing stuff?

I know the new stuff will be copyrighted CC materials but how does that help me?

Please... break it down for me. I've spent a lot of money so far.

If I can understand the changes, I'll feel better about it.

Veritas Press will not allow CC to make a song using their timeline cards because they are copyrighted. CC decided to make their own cards so they could use them however they wanted without having to worry about the copyright issues. The new guide is a result of needing to put the CC cards in rather than having the veritas cards listed.

I understand in some ways why they are making the changes. I just hate that it is happening to us.

Edited to add... I have no idea the reason behind tuition/registration increase. This is the first I've heard about that. Does anyone have numbers yet on the increase? Did it tell in the broadcast how much it would be?

Tuition only went up like $12. Registration went up $25 but only on the first kid. That is the first increase in 6 years.

There is a new guide every time cycle one rolls around to accommodate updates and changes. The directors will have change sheets for those wanting to hold off on buying the guide.

The copyright issues have been a problem for the timeline for a while. This will be a welcome change because of the resources that can be developed. AND, like the acts and facts science cards, they will only be needed an extra resource, not a required purchase.

these changes are not that big of a deal. I hope to sell my timeline cards to recoup that money at least in part.

The cost of doing business is going up all over the place.

I listened to part of the broadcast. It sounds like the timeline will be different, but it will tie more closely to the history sentences. On the back, there will also be a map to tie into geography. I didn't listen closely enough to hear whether there is a description on the back as with the Veritas cards.

They have a song in the works. I think she said there will be 7 cards a week instead of the 8 we have now. There will also be Presidents cards. I also heard them say that they are making the cards more 'diverse' in that they incorporating major events from around the globe ('the end of apartheid' was mentioned as being one of the cards).

I'm bummed that we're memorizing the cards and hand motions when they won't continue. I keep reassuring my kids that we'll be repeating these every year. On the other hand, having a sandardized song to help memorize would be nice.

As far as when the transition will occur, I hope our campus does it sooner rather than later. MY youngest ones will be in Foundations for years, so might as well bite the bullet now.

Lisa

I'm bummed that we're memorizing the cards and hand motions when they won't continue. I keep reassuring my kids that we'll be repeating these every year. On the other hand, having a sandardized song to help memorize would be nice.

I was very aggravated at first, but to the kids (mine are young) it will probably be relatively painless since they memorize so easily.