Menu

What made you smile today?

I'm trying to be positive today and appreciate even little things. :001_smile:

For me.....what made me smile was when I was doing the laundry and got to smell my Great Value Mandarin Essence fabric sheets. Ohhhhhh maaan do those smell devine! Even dd took one so she could put it in her desk drawer. :D

The other one (more important than the dryer sheets) was seeing dd writing in her notebook this:

I APsuLooTLe Luve so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so muchH is KANDe andD I Luve more tHeN the wRLD GoD and mama and FooD anD Toys

:D FYI.....we are just starting AAS. I reeaaaaaaallllly hope it will help her learn to spell.

What about you?? What made you smile today? :001_smile:

Edited by ~AprilMay~

DS5 eating the raw onions I was using to make burritos and then making an earnest effort to breathe fire like a dragon.

I will be sad when they don't do stuff like that anymore. They're growing up too fast.

I heard ds2.5 hum for the first time today :001_wub:

Last night I was humming a song with him in my lap. When I'd stop he would say "Oh, do you hear that sound? Let's listen to it again!" and I'd hum a little bit more and then stop again. This morning he started doing it himself :D

Precious.

My smile for the day was brought by dd7. She and her brother were playing chess and she calls the bishops "the diagonal dudes." It cracks me up!

Dd1 had just woken up from her nap. She was carrying a much too big blanket and slipped on the steps. It was a very gentle slide down the last two steps but she took it personally. She was sobbing with a big, open-mouthed sob and tears were falling. She has most of her teeth but not her eye teeth yet. She looked so darn cute. I had to hide my smile though. I didn't want to add insult to injury.

When my husband showed enough improvement in his physical therapy exercises to allow our insurance company to cover another two months worth. As some of you may know, he suffered a severe stroke 17 months ago and is learning how to walk, talk, read, write, and use his arm again. I am now homeschooling him. Who would've thought...

Today I smiled when I was walking with dd's class after lunch and the teacher said to a student "Did you just lick the wall? Why would you do that?"

Who has to teach a child not to lick a wall, a school wall.

My Dd, aged 6ish, was licking the door handles to JC Penneys one day.:ack2: Why? Why!?

My Dd, aged 6ish, was licking the door handles to JC Penneys one day.:ack2: Why? Why!?

My dd from toddlerhood until maybe age 5 could hardly control herself. The worst was the windowsill of a resturaunt window. You know the kind that gets dusty and has dead bugs on it. :confused:

Today I smiled when I was walking with dd's class after lunch and the teacher said to a student "Did you just lick the wall? Why would you do that?"

:lol: I once caught my dd (then 3 or 4yo) running her tongue along the freezer case at the grocery store. :eek: I wasn't the only one who saw it :blushing:

Today my 7yo interrupted my reading of the Phantom Tollbooth and said, "I remember when "flabbergast" joined my vocabulary". Maybe you had to be there, but it was pretty cute.

My preschool dance students lick the mirrors.....Yuck!

What made me smile.......after 4 years on the market and 8 weeks pending....when closed on our house in Missouri!!!! It is such a relief!!!

Dh is about to take me out tonight. Dinner at a nice place and a movie (probably Puss 'n Boots..I think). It was a surprise. He leaves for his new job the end of November. The children and I will remain until February. We've never been apart more than a week. Though he'll visit when he can (Ohio - Florida) it can't be too often. I'll miss him. Little outings such as this are even more special.

So many things. When my 2 month old smiled at me, when my 20 month old stood up in his chair at the dinner table and mumbled a song while he shook his bum, when my 3 year old wore her pants backwards to the store today, when my 5 year old figured out I was playing with her hair instead of just brushing it, when my 7 year old played so well during her piano lesson, and when my dh came home with a very expensive unplanned purchase knowing he is now at my mercy.;)

I am so blessed!

I was talking on the phone today and I hear my son choking and gagging in the kitchen...I went quickly and asked him what he was choking on...he looked up at me face all red, eyes watering, points to his sister standing just in front of him and proclaims "sissy's toot"! :lol::lol:

Today I smiled when the neighbors asked again whether my kids read books or not.

I didn't answer. I just smiled.

Excellent composure and response. :)

Dh is about to take me out tonight. Dinner at a nice place and a movie (probably Puss 'n Boots..I think). It was a surprise. He leaves for his new job the end of November. The children and I will remain until February. We've never been apart more than a week. Though he'll visit when he can (Ohio - Florida) it can't be too often. I'll miss him. Little outings such as this are even more special.

:grouphug: Sorry you have to be apart.:grouphug:

This thread made me smile. A lot.

I have an incredibly bad headache, so I haven't smiled much today.

I made a roast in the crockpot for dinner. I wasn't sure whether the kids would like it or not. After one bite, my 10 year old son and 4 year old dd both yelled, ""MMMM, this beef rump is good, Mom!" The fact that they liked it made me smile....and the fact that they called it a "beef rump" instead of a "rump roast" or "beef roast" gave me the giggles!

Watching my 4 yo son peel the cream from the cookie while eating a Jo-Jo from Trader Joe's (their yummier version of an Oreo) and then declaring, "Mom! I got it all off in one piece!!!"

I used to do that when I was younger, and I remember the joy in completing the challenge. I love when pieces of my childhood are part of my own children's childhoods.

Kiddo grabbing my hand several times today and kissing me all the way up the arm. The boys have been out of town for 3 days, and he is just happy to see me.

Later, we were listening to classical radio when a French piece with cello and piano came on, something like The Dying Swan but less melodrama and more sweetness. Kiddo said, "What did Bambi call it when a young man meets an attractive young woman?"

"Twitterpated."

"This music makes me twitterpated", and then he lightly threw himself back in the chair as if in a mild faint, **something his grandfather used to do, but I'm sure kiddo never saw**.

ETA: I found the music. Imagine it with piano and cello instead of voice:

Edited by kalanamak

:grouphug: Sorry you have to be apart.:grouphug:

This thread made me smile. A lot.

I have an incredibly bad headache, so I haven't smiled much today.

Thank you! I try not to think about it too much. It's really overwhelming me in many ways. Unfortunately we were not able to do our big night out tonight. A couple of the children started feeling poorly. We did have dinner out at a nearby restaurant, which was nice. We are home now, and the children are sipping hot chocolate and feeling better. It turned out to be a nice night anyway.

I'm sorry about your headache. I had a bad one yesterday. My daughter did as well. Another daughter had one the day before, and a friend had one yesterday, too. I think it is going around - such as a virus or something. It could be the weather here. At any rate, I do hope your head eases up for you before you need to go to bed. :grouphug:

baby in my room, mountains behind

dh rocking him

ds asking what he could do "so you'll feel like I was a big help, mama"

dd trying to be brave for everybody else

non-coffee drinker trying to figure out coffee to bring to me

blue eyes, tiny hungry bird mouth

pillows

I worked yesterday and all the babies I work with make me smile for some reason or another. I smile when I see a little one crawl, pull to stand, or take their first steps...sometimes it is so touching to see their parent's reactions to meeting milestones that I can cry along with them. I love celebrating each milestone with their parents no matter how delayed. I love the little things the babies do or say. I love when a 2yo remembers that I taught him two weeks ago to say, "Off, please" when he wants to be finished with his time on the therapy ball because he is also working on speech skills.

Then I get to come home and smile when my dd snuggles up to tell me all the schoolwork and practicing she managed to get done that day. I also smile when my big boys want to sit and play an x-box game with me and they let me in on things about their lives.