Menu

Alternate title:

$h!t Unsinkable Says

I was at a sporting event (for DS) with a couple other moms from the team. Three of us went to the bathroom. I didn't even have to go but I was holding some things for one of the moms so I went, too.

Doo-dit-doo. La dee dah.

I was standing in the bathroom, mind wandering, when Mom1 asked Mom2 if she had kotex. No, Mom2 had no Kotex.

"Unsinkable, do you have kotex?"

"Huh, uh wha?" I was daydreaming to begin with and then I started to think, "Which one is Kotex? The tampon? The pad? Does Kotex make both now? What does she mean? What does she want?"

My bag was in my car and I did have a Walgreen's generic pad in there. It had wings. I told mom1, "Yes. I have some in the car." And then I stopped talking. And stand there. And there was dead silence. A few moments passed and it hit me and I asked,

"Do you want me to go get it?"

And God bless Mom1 for her patience with me, because she answered, quite kindly given the circumstances, "If you wouldn't mind."

I am mortified just thinking of it again. What the heck is wrong with me? :lol: I am laughing at how stupid I must have sounded.

"Do you want me to go get it?" Uh, no. I'll stay in the bathroom the whole game. Uh, no, I'll happily wad up the sandpaper toilet paper and use that. Uh, no, I'll go out to the stands and ask some normal moms for kotex.

Ugh.

Alternate title:

$h!t Unsinkable Says

I was at a sporting event (for DS) with a couple other moms from the team. Three of us went to the bathroom. I didn't even have to go but I was holding some things for one of the moms so I went, too.

Doo-dit-doo. La dee dah.

I was standing in the bathroom, mind wandering, when Mom1 asked Mom2 if she had kotex. No, Mom2 had no Kotex.

"Unsinkable, do you have kotex?"

"Huh, uh wha?" I was daydreaming to begin with and then I started to think, "Which one is Kotex? The tampon? The pad? Does Kotex make both now? What does she mean? What does she want?"

My bag was in my car and I did have a Walgreen's generic pad in there. It had wings. I told mom1, "Yes. I have some in the car." And then I stopped talking. And stand there. And there was dead silence. A few moments passed and it hit me and I asked,

"Do you want me to go get it?"

And God bless Mom1 for her patience with me, because she answered, quite kindly given the circumstances, "If you wouldn't mind."

I am mortified just thinking of it again. What the heck is wrong with me? :lol: I am laughing at how stupid I must have sounded.

"Do you want me to go get it?" Uh, no. I'll stay in the bathroom the whole game. Uh, no, I'll happily wad up the sandpaper toilet paper and use that. Uh, no, I'll go out to the stands and ask some normal moms for kotex.

Ugh.

:lol::lol::grouphug::lol::lol:

Guest submarines

While driving with a friend whom I haven't seen for two years.

Friend: So cool that you drive now.

Natalie, proudly, excitedly: Totally awesome. I got my liscence over a year ago. I have been driving every day since.

10 seconds later.

Natalie: I wonder what this flashing light means.

Friend, without losing her cool or jumping out of the car: It means somebody pressed the button and wants to cross the road. Wanna grab some pizza?

I love when my friends don't lose their cool, but seriously, what kind of question was that? Seriously???

:blushing:

ETA: not as eloquent as the OP but it is meant to make the OP feel better.

Well, here's one to make you feel better:

Picture this.

Today, waiting outside classroom for kids, me and another mom:

Mom #1 (chats on & on. Little Nyssa zones out and only comes to herself when Mom #1 says): It was truly horrible. It was so sad.

Little Nyssa (realizing she has missed something and trying to buy time): Oh yes, so sad. Hm.

Mom #1: I mean, truly terrible.

Little Nyssa: Oh yeah, that's too bad.... how did it happen?

Mom #1: How did what happen?

Little Nyssa: The horrible thing.

Mom #1: Oh, it's just that we've been so busy lately and I have to miss the PTA meeting tonight. That's the tragedy!

Little Nyssa: Oh! Well yes, that is too bad. certainly a tragedy, haha.:blush: