Menu

What virtual live or self paced programs has your non-neurotypical learner

rafiki

Dd is doing well with the VP self-paced history classes (not the live ones with a teacher) and the Khan Academy stuff. I think the key feature that makes both of those work is that they have frequent points where the student has to click or check in or respond in some way. That keeps them from zoning out. And the lessons are short.

I don't know what we'd use if we weren't doing the co-op writing class. Something online would be nice, just don't know what. Getting her accountable to someone else, someone like her, has been marvelous.

Ds is doing well with Stanford EPGY math. The session automatically stops after 20 minutes, which goes really fast for him and doesn't burn him out. I add 10 minutes of Key to... to have some written work. I would love to do the VP self paced history with him, but I can't afford it at this time. He enjoyed the trial. Last year, Aha! Science was a big hit.

I know that I will be teaching all ds's LA for the forseeable future (perhaps forever!), so the big missing piece of our program is a computer driven / self-paced science class. I'm still completely flummoxed on that one.

Don't I know, lol. If I had that figured out, I'd be golden. I bought the Chemistry 101 dvds from Timberdoodle and want to use that with the middle school chemistry from ACS (free download) starting in January. I'm hoping it will work.

• 3 weeks later...