Menu

No Call Yet...

I agree. :iagree: Entire call staff of the hospital needs to be put on Judge Judy!

All joking aside, I do agree. The afternoon I was admitted to the hospital pg with the twins (I was 36 wks), they told me I would be staying in the hospital till it was time for them to be born. :w00t: One day or five days......I wasn't leaving. In fact, it was a Monday and they talked about trying to get me till Friday. Well, my blood pressure shot up through the night, and the next day, VOILA! TWINS!

I seriously think this is the *dumbest* system for setting up inductions, ever.

When I was induced w/Diva, the OB told me time and date to show up at the hospital. (Different province).

With Princess, I'd been admitted the day before, and ended up bumping someone on the list.

And now, more hurry up and wait. Because, ya know, additional stress and anxiety is JUST what every pregnant woman needs!! :glare:

(Let alone a pregnant woman whose MIL's birthday is tomorrow, and really, really doesn't want to endure that drama)

(Let alone a pregnant woman whose MIL's birthday is tomorrow, and really, really doesn't want to endure that drama)

I'm sorry about the wait and the not knowing what's going on! I read in an earlier thread that it takes ages when you're induced. If that's the case . . . depending on how long it usually takes . . . wouldn't tomorrow be the better day to go in? That way you can take ages and then baby would be born on Wednesday? You could ask to go in later in the afternoon, maybe, and then deliver in the early hours of Wed. morning...and any possible problems would be solved. :001_smile:

ETA: I agree, it is cruel punishment! With my only induction I was admitted to the hospital the day the doctor said she wanted to induce. We did have warning that if nothing happened I could decide on an induction, but we didn't make that decision until the day I was admitted - and I was sent in that very evening (they let me come home, have supper, gather whatever I needed, and then go in). Making you wait around for a call that may or may not come, when your situation is already rough, isn't very nice of them!

Edited by lorien