Menu

Wrapping Christmas Presents

I actually wrapped some today! Now I just need a place to put 'em!

Anyone else have some wrapped already?

(disclaimer: I didn't intentionally plan to do this. But I came back from a run to Big Lots today :auto:with Christmas wrapping paper, already had some presents in my room, and decided I should just get it done while I had the time. :D )

I always wait until a few days before and wrap everything all at once. This year, however, we are displaced due to our home needing major repairs after a tree fell on it. Our temporary apartment is all one level and has NO good hiding places! I bought two presents yesterday and I need to wrap them before anyone discovers they are under my bed. This year I'll HAVE to wrap things as I bring then in.

No, I haven't wrapped anything yet (I still have most of my shopping to do). BUT, if you need somewhere to hide your presents until the time comes to put them under the tree, this is what I've been doing:I bought a very large, dark-colored rubbermaid tote to store all the Christmas presents in. It reallys cuts down on the "losing the Christmas present because I forgot where I hid it two months ago" problem. Plus, the kids know NOT to look into the tote or the wrath of Mom will be upon them. :)

Hey, scrapbookbuzz, don't tell me you're one of those annoying people who finish ALL their Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving? :D

Hey, scrapbookbuzz, don't tell me you're one of those annoying people who finish ALL their Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving? :D

No, I'm not one of "those" people. I am one of those that usually continuously shops up until the week before and spend way too much money. This year, however, I did some unique shopping ( a daddy/daughter date planned for dd and dh, a family outing to a local wildlife park, etc), so I probably have half of it done.

(Now don't kick me but I'm seriously thinking of putting up the tree ONLY because I need a place to put the wrapped presents! Hmmm. Maybe I'll go get that tote. But see I need a place to put that, so why not just put up my tree?)

Edited by scrapbookbuzz