Menu

Do you have a recliner that you love?

We've never had recliners before. DH and I are thinking about getting them for each other for Christmas. We have no idea what we are looking for though. The only brand I know is La-Z-Boy....I know there are other good ones out there though. I just don't know what kind? I'd also like to avoid breaking the bank on chairs so a $1000 recliner is out. I want them to be very comfy though. So comfy they could be slept in...or napped in. Over-sized would be a plus, but not a necessity (as in, wider than a normal chair).

We had a rocking chair we loved. It was padded all over, reclined and spun. it also had large pockets at either side to hold picture books.

It was the perfect chair, till it became much to icky to touch. :( It was also only 100 dollars at Zellers since the box it came in was damaged. Much nicer and more used and loved then any lazyboy I had experience with.

We have a Flexsteel. It's actually not oversize because we have a tiny living room, but it looks/feels like it is. Dh is a big guy, and it fits him great. It's perfect for napping or sleeping! It's leather btw. I haven't been impressed w/ the Lazy-Boys or anything by Lane that we have had in the past.

We have a Flexsteel. It's actually not oversize because we have a tiny living room, but it looks/feels like it is. Dh is a big guy, and it fits him great. It's perfect for napping or sleeping! It's leather btw. I haven't been impressed w/ the Lazy-Boys or anything by Lane that we have had in the past.

I have a leather Flexsteel recliner, too. It also rock and spins. I got it on Craigslist for $50! I love it!

In the past, the LazBoy recliners I've had were not impressive, but my LazBoy stationary chairs have been great.

We have two Westside High Leg Recliners from Flexsteel, that they custom-upholstered for us at the factory. They are almost 4 years old and look brand-new. We worked through our local furniture retailer to ship out the bolts of fabric we needed to get the work done.

Very comfortable pieces too. We can't let my dsis near one, or she's out like a light! :D

DH's recliner is a Flexsteel also and it is wonderful. We got it in 2003 and it is still going strong. I don't think they make ours anymore. It's closest to the St. Albert style, but in leather and without the upholstery studs (as I personally can't stand them). :D

Flexsteel as a brand is top notch too. DH's Granny has a decades old Flexsteel couch that she just keeps getting reupholstered as the years go by. That thing will not die!

OK, we'll be the odd family out, and say that we have loved our Lazy Boy recliners. Dh is a Big and Tall kinda guy, and I'm a medium-framed woman. This brand is the only kind we've been able to both feel comfortable in.

We had a used one that dh had before we got married, which he put way too much mileage on; it made it through ds#1, with whom we rocked and nursed and slept in it. We wore it to out an irreparable squeak, while the lovely oak rocker--which had felt perfect to my pregnant self--stood by untouched.

We dd's birth we replaced LB #1 with LB #2, and this time dh put much more babymileage on it, insisting that he would have no more mama's babies. : ) Nineteen years and another child later, we still have that one, and it is mine.

Dh got himself a large leather one two years ago, feeling the need for more lower back support and a "cooler" upholstery.

We've picked 360 degree rotation and a full rocker/recliner every time; I don't think we could do without those two features for a mama-baby chair when mama may have to sleep with a sick baby on her chest, and when mama may need to turn the chair into a command post while the olders do their work. the ability to swivel stands in for "eyes in the back of your head," ya know? :lol:

We've picked 360 degree rotation and a full rocker/recliner every time; I don't think we could do without those two features for a mama-baby chair when mama may have to sleep with a sick baby on her chest, and when mama may need to turn the chair into a command post while the olders do their work. the ability to swivel stands in for "eyes in the back of your head," ya know? :lol:

LMAO! Yeah, I just wanted a recliner so I could watch TV with my feet up. So, the Flexsteel model we chose is great, but it's not in the league as your chair! :D