Menu

Conservative Christian study???

You didn't answer my question - how is this any different than a woman praising and encouraging "older" behaviours in their daughter? Women can be sexual predators too.

That's a "fact" too :D

it is not. grooming is grooming -- in this case it is teh Dad (with the support of the GF maybe, or maybe the GF is just 'trying to be cool" and thinks that is what 11 yo do, i don't know) is the one 'doing it' (comments and so on)

Three of my friends have done Secret Keeper Girl by Danah Gresh

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Dates-Moms-Daughters-Modesty/dp/0736930140/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324475668&sr=8-1

It's fun little "dates" with your dd that discusses, with activities and projects that the two of you do together, the stuff you mentioned.

My older dd was on the older end when we found out about it and we only did a couple of the "dates." I'm considering doing it with my younger dd11 just to spend some fun mom/daughter time with her.

All the daughters who did this (5) have very fond memories. Maybe it would put the focus on you and her time and not on "your father is wrong" time.