Menu

Okies-Did you feel the earthquake last night?

Yes! My 2 oldest came home from OU so there was a late night X-Box party downstairs which meant that we (upstairs) weren't getting much sleep (they were up until 2:30). Dh and I, both, felt it. The windows rattled, the bed shook, and my dh poked me and asked, "did you feel that? I think we had an earthquake!" Yes, I did, indeed, feel it! That's the 2nd one in the past year. The other one I felt, but no one else at home felt it, was centered around Norman. This one was much closer.

Slept right through it!!

My 9yo said she woke up. She has a wall decoration that rattles if you shut a door too hard. So that shaking on the wall woke her up.

I'm glad my client who is due next week didn't need me. Apparently I was sleeping VERY well that even an earthquake didn't wake me up. :lol:

And another one. That was eerie and now half my kids are afraid.:tongue_smilie:

As in, just a few minutes ago? We felt that one down (just barely) here in TX. And I saw a fb post about it from a friend in AR. My first ever earthquake! :001_huh:

Okay, felt last night's quake...thought it was kind of cool since I'd never felt one before. THIS one wasn't cool. Still a little shaken up :tongue_smilie: and WIDE AWAKE.

I suddenly realized I have no idea what we're supposed to do in the event of a quake. Tornadoes I have figured out; an earthquake is a whole new disaster.

Yep! It shook my house pretty badly. I live in an underground home so needless so say, I'm pretty freaked out right now. I can't imagine a worse place to be during an earthquake. If my ceilings were to collapse we would be completely crushed because they are made our of 10" thick, 10,000 PSI concrete with 2 feet of earth above that.

The latest report from the USGS is now stating that the one that just happened tonight was a 5.6. That's 2 that were 4.7 or higher in less that 24 hours!