Menu

Can you help me figure out what iPod would be best for dd11?

Dd11 wants an iPod with a screen so she can see the songs listed, and wants to be able to download from CD. She is very low-tech and doesn't care if it's an older model.

Her df has an older red one with a screen on top and a four way dial thing on the bottom. She'd be fine with that, but what is that one called? I see it on the iPod site called a "Classic" but on other sites I see it called a "Nano". But the newer Nano on the Apple site is different (and not what she wants). She wants that one with the dial thingy on it.

I am thinking maybe there is the "Classic" which is bigger, and the original iPod Nano, which looks like the classic but is smaller? She wants the smaller one.

HELP!!!!!!!

Aghhhh!!!!!!!!! I had NO idea there were so many!!!!

She said it is more like the 1st generation Nano in the picture there.

Do any of the Nanos have a camera too, or just video camera? A camera would be great! We were going to get her a digital camera for her Dec bday and an iPod for Christmas but it would be great if the iPod had a camera!

This stuff is SOO confusing to me!! I just finally got a cell phone six months ago-lol (and it is a tracphone).

We can't afford the Touch, even if she wanted it! (She specifically said she doesn't want it.)

Dh would try to find a good deal on an older camera or iPod for her (she doesn't care if it's used, in fact prefers it-she is very frugal and doesn't want to worry so much if she would lose a new/expensive one)

Wow, your 11 yo will be so excited! :)

The older iPods with the click wheel were called Nano. None of the Nanos has a camera (including the latest one). The older Nanos were skinnier than the "classic". I don't think Apple sells the older Nanos. For some of the Nanos you could put a movie on it from the computer, but it would eat up space. Nanos can not go online.

The newest Nano is square with a touch screen. It is really nice; it has a clip so you can clip it to your shirt, purse, etc. I have a strap and wear mine as a watch. It has a built in FM tuner as well. Consider refurbished direct from Apple. The device is cheaper, still comes with a warranty and free shipping.

Just looked online at Amazon and they have used 5th generation iPod Nanos (with click wheel) for sale in various colors.

Edited by jelbe5