Menu

I need a 9 year old gift idea.....

My son will be testing for his black belt in Tae Kwon do in 8 days. This is something that he has been working towards for 4 years.

We want to get him something as this is a really big accomplishment. He set a goal, and even when he was frustrated and wanted to quit he pushed through. I want to get him something that he will remember, and maybe even keep. Something that could be built upon would be cool too as he has decided to keep going for his second degree.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole

Do you already have one of the Belt Racks with his name on it? My mom was thinking of ordering this for my son :) (Amazon has them) On a side note, it must be different than Shao Lin Kempo.... my son can't test for his black belt till a minimum of 13 and most likely 15.... Wonder how they compare; I'm completely lost about the similarities and differences... :)

He has a belt rack, we got him that one year in when he committed to his Master that he was not going to quit until he had achieved his black belt.

He goes through the Black belt test and is awarded a junior black belt. He will be registered with the World Tae Kwon Do federation in Korea. He can then start working toward his second degree. If he is still active in Tae Kwon Do his junior black belt will become a full black belt when he hits the minimum age (I think 14)

There are 8 degree's of black belt, you have to achieve your 4th or 5th degree to become a Master of Tae Kwon Do.

We are thinking about ordering him an ipod. If you get it on the website you can get something engraved on the back. I am just wary about the whole wifi thing. Does anyone else have ipod touch's for their kids? How are the parental controls?