Menu

Holy mac n cheese! Have you seen this jerk's video?

WARNING: very graphic scene of young adult being beaten.

This video (2004) appeared on the internet. Apparantly her sister recorded and leaked it to the internet today. This jerkwad child-abusing dad is a sitting judge in Aransas County family court.

He should be shot. Seriously.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...so I watched it, and didn't like what I saw at all, but I really didn't like what I heard. The guy was over the top with the 'beating' for sure. His language was exceptionally offensive.

I kind of feel like the mom really was trying to save her from the wrath of her father by taking the belt to do it herself. It was a skewed way of doing it, to be sure, but that really is what it seemed like to me.

16 is WAAAYYYY too old for any sort of physical punishment for anything - especially something as stupid as a game on the computer. ?!

I have to admit, I can't understand why there was a camera rolling in the first place. ? Like, what is the daughter trying to prove by recording this and then releasing it on youtube? It kind of smacks of setting the dad up to me - not that I find him to be innocent, but there are better ways to go about this. Is there a trial going on or something? If so, let him get charged with what he has done from personal testimony from the girl and her mom... I guess I just think that if this is the girl on the video who released it, what good reason does she have? Revenge?

I don't know, the whole thing seems weird to me...

Wow, I'm new on this board so maybe I shouldn't speak up on a thread like this but I'm shocked by any comments blaming the girl. Why question her motives? Who is going to believe her word against a sitting judge if she doesn't have proof. Regardless of what the girl did this mans behavior is deplorable.

Wow, I'm new on this board so maybe I shouldn't speak up on a thread like this but I'm shocked by any comments blaming the girl. Why question her motives? Who is going to believe her word against a sitting judge if she doesn't have proof. Regardless of what the girl did this mans behavior is deplorable.

Exactly. Who is going to believe her? Especially with her mom (who was also battered and has since left the arsehole of a dad) not willing to do anything.

The cops are "looking into it" now. I hope he goes to jail for a LONG time.

I didn't watch the video because I have a bit of a weak constitution in that regard but the subject reminded me of the part in the Bible that says the things hidden in secret will be shouted from the mountaintops.

I also know that there are things that I have done that I certainly would never want to see on youtube!! Not justifying it at all, just sayin'.:(

So what he did was so wrong! It's an example of out-of-control parenting. They had obviously had problems with her and the internet in the past. They should have taken her computer away, not beat her. Obviously they had no idea how to handle her continued deception. No one prepares us for parenting. I'm not excusing what he or the mom did, but they need help and the daughter needed to be in a different home. What struck me as odd was that the daughter quit crying or making any noise when the parents left the room. I certainly hope this video isn't a hoax.

I didn't watch the video because I have a bit of a weak constitution in that regard but the subject reminded me of the part in the Bible that says the things hidden in secret will be shouted from the mountaintops.

I also know that there are things that I have done that I certainly would never want to see on youtube!! Not justifying it at all, just sayin'.:(

:iagree: Ive had parenting moments that I am now ashamed of, nothing like this. There have just been circumstances that I reacted poorly to because I didn't know what to do so the old tapes from the childhood kicked in.

I'm not trying to blame the girl, it isn't her fault at all. She says in the caption under the video that her mom has left her dad and that she is repentant for the part that she played - so to me, it seems the between the two of them they could go about this without releasing the video on youtube. That's all I'm saying. If the recording needed to be had just for the matter of the police and courts, that would be one thing. But putting it on youtube for the world to see just smacks of something stupid like revenge to me.

I'm not excusing him at all. Justice should be found - the proper way. Not through videos on youtube. jmho.

I'm not trying to blame the girl, it isn't her fault at all. She says in the caption under the video that her mom has left her dad and that she is repentant for the part that she played - so to me, it seems the between the two of them they could go about this without releasing the video on youtube. That's all I'm saying. If the recording needed to be had just for the matter of the police and courts, that would be one thing. But putting it on youtube for the world to see just smacks of something stupid like revenge to me.

I'm not excusing him at all. Justice should be found - the proper way. Not through videos on youtube. jmho.

It's good to keep in mind that this man is or was a judge. It may well be that this girl had no faith in the police and courts having had a father who was a key part of their local justice system. She may have felt that if she submitted this to local authorities it might get "lost".

It certainly won't now.

This was probably very therapeutic for her. She can finally be heard instead of suffering alone/in secret. Revenge? Maybe. Stupid? No. She deserves to be heard by as many people as she wants to be heard by. And if it was going to end up being a case of he said/she said (against a powerful figure, a judge, no less!) she proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that she's not a liar.

Bringing the public's attention to child abuse so that the public can take a stand against it in whatever way they can is not a bad thing, either. This man is a public figure and the public votes him in (and out) of office. They deserve to know what kind of man he is, he deserves whatever consequence comes of that, and every abused child deserves to have the world on their side speaking out on their behalf so that maybe, just maybe, some of them can be spared.

We should not criticize this girl. She suffered horribly at that man's hands, and if this helps her deal with that, process it, get past it, feel empowered, get justice, or whatever her motives were...she's more than earned that right as far as I am concerned.

It's good to keep in mind that this man is or was a judge. It may well be that this girl had no faith in the police and courts having had a father who was a key part of their local justice system. She may have felt that if she submitted this to local authorities it might get "lost".

It certainly won't now.

This is what I'm thinking. He's probably got a LOT of friends within the same criminal justice system that will be handling this case. The media will likely be watching them like a *hawk* now to make sure whatever "good ol' boys" network might exist doesn't get to play it's hand.

:mad: UGH! disgusting! He thinks he is taking some kind of moral ground here, while saying "F" over and over to his daughter? (not to mention of course beating her with a belt.) That's pretty bad, but I guess he will get his now that we've all seen it. I am not giving the mom a pass either...!

Edited to add - I'm glad she posted it. Out the violent jerk! More sunshine on this kind of crap, not less!!

Edited by Lisbeth
addition

It certainly won't now.

We should not criticize this girl. She suffered horribly at that man's hands, and if this helps her deal with that, process it, get past it, feel empowered, get justice, or whatever her motives were...she's more than earned that right as far as I am concerned.

:iagree:I also did some searching. She said she had been holding on to the video until she felt is was the right time to release it. She also said she snapped after her father continually harassed her over the phone, and she tweeted that she kind of regrets releasing it but wants him to get help. She is the victim here, without a doubt. Whether or not she chose the right time to release the video can be debated, but I believe she absolutely had the right to make it public. This man is a judge. It's disgusting.

So what he did was so wrong! It's an example of out-of-control parenting. They had obviously had problems with her and the internet in the past. They should have taken her computer away, not beat her. Obviously they had no idea how to handle her continued deception. No one prepares us for parenting. I'm not excusing what he or the mom did, but they need help and the daughter needed to be in a different home. What struck me as odd was that the daughter quit crying or making any noise when the parents left the room. I certainly hope this video isn't a hoax.

I wondered about that, too. But I think you hit a point where you are kind of numb to the pain and exhausted from crying and just can't anymore.

Who video-taped it? And why?

And the judge isn't denying it. He is simply saying it was in the past and he apologized. :001_huh:

At first I couldn't figure out where the mom was, and I kept thinking, "If that b*stard was doing that to my kid, husband or not, I would shoot him." And then I figured out the mom was right there!!! :mad::angry::cursing: HOW???????

I see someone posted the mother ended up leaving the father. Good. I think the beating was DISGUSTING, but his language was HORRIFIC as well. I just cannot fathom.

I've lost control with my kids and yelled or spanked in anger. I regret it deeply. None of us are perfect. But that man deserves whatever he gets. It is sickening.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/disabled-teens-beating-judge-william-adams_n_1071822.html?ref=youtube

In this article Hilary states that she was sick of the abuse so set up a camera to catch it.

I understand what Cindergretta is saying about being too numb to cry, but I still think it is suspicious that it stops when her parents leave the room, not even any labored breathing that would come from the hard crying exhibited during the beating. I only question this because I've known a child who would make a huge fuss and act she was being killed and the minute she got her way she was all smiles. This same child would subject herself to severe physical situations, knowing full well what would happen going in, and then act like a victim later. There are some truly sick people out there. If Hilary is one of these people I think it's probably because of living with parents like that. Unfortunately I see situation similar in people I know. They just don't know what to do with their kids and the advice they get isn't what I would consider good for anyone in the situation. I wish there were parents like some of you on this board.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/02/disabled-teens-beating-judge-william-adams_n_1071822.html?ref=youtube

In this article Hilary states that she was sick of the abuse so set up a camera to catch it.

I understand what Cindergretta is saying about being too numb to cry, but I still think it is suspicious that it stops when her parents leave the room, not even any labored breathing that would come from the hard crying exhibited during the beating. I only question this because I've known a child who would make a huge fuss and act she was being killed and the minute she got her way she was all smiles. This same child would subject herself to severe physical situations, knowing full well what would happen going in, and then act like a victim later. There are some truly sick people out there. If Hilary is one of these people I think it's probably because of living with parents like that. Unfortunately I see situation similar in people I know. They just don't know what to do with their kids and the advice they get isn't what I would consider good for anyone in the situation. I wish there were parents like some of you on this board.

I have that child. The abuse? Washing her hair. :glare: I get what you are saying and have questioned it myself. I guess I kind of "back burnered" my questions since the man isn't denying anything, kwim? Clearly it happened or he would be squawking about being set up and staged and so on. And she might have acted more traumatized in that moment than she was, but the childhood itself must have been traumatizing. :( (In other words, I also agree with you!)

She shouldn't have disobeyed her parents. She lives under their roof. I DO have a problem with the mom and dad's use of profanity. Totally uncalled for. Demeaning and belittling is different from punishing for an infraction of the rules. Some people don't spank and may find the video "abusive", but that is a spanking. He did not 'beat' her with his hands or fists and he spanked her on the legs, for the most part. The mother was meddling, also, imo. Only one parent or the other need mete out the punishment.

I have that child. The abuse? Washing her hair. :glare: I get what you are saying and have questioned it myself. I guess I kind of "back burnered" my questions since the man isn't denying anything, kwim? Clearly it happened or he would be squawking about being set up and staged and so on. And she might have acted more traumatized in that moment than she was, but the childhood itself must have been traumatizing. :( (In other words, I also agree with you!)

You have to look at the actions of the parent there. Do I have kids that act like idiots when I wash their hair? Sure. Does my one year old scream like I'm killing her when I change a poopy diaper and then smile as soon as I finish? Sure. But MY actions are caring and kind.

This guy's actions were evil. So, no matter what her reaction was, HE was still doing horrible things. Screaming and beating your child are not okay. Period.

She shouldn't have disobeyed her parents. She lives under their roof. I DO have a problem with the mom and dad's use of profanity. Totally uncalled for. Demeaning and belittling is different from punishing for an infraction of the rules. Some people don't spank and may find the video "abusive", but that is a spanking. He did not 'beat' her with his hands or fists and he spanked her on the legs, for the most part. The mother was meddling, also, imo. Only one parent or the other need mete out the punishment.

I'm sorry, but are you insane? So, it is wrong to swear at a child. But it is okay to wildly swing a belt at a child? We do swat our kids occassionally. Calmly and on the bottom a few times. That is a spanking. Flailing at your child with a belt like a crazy person is abuse.

I honestly fear for your children if you see that as acceptable punishment.

You are freaking kidding me! That is not a spanking. We occasionally spank our kids, and it has NEVER and will NEVER look like that. And if my husband ever treated my daughters that way, he would find his a$$ out cold on the ground.

It's an odd sensation. We look at the video and are horrified. Then we start to notice things we have questions about. Then he doesn't deny it. It really leaves me unsettled.

It reminds me of:

I was raised in a spanking house. Mom told Dad to spank and he did. Mom spanked, with her hand, belt, wooden spoon (she broke 2 in the course of our childhoods-she still has one of them and uses it to cook with regularly. I shudder when I see it). Dad would get mad and swing, whatever he connected with is what you got. This didn't happen daily and was in response to a verifiable, punishable offense. As an adult I see it as the discipline it was intended, even though it was extreme at times. As a child I felt abused. When I was a teen I mouthed off frequently, there was no filter between the heart/brain and mouth (I know that doesn't surprise those of you here that know me). My mom would slap my face, sometimes hard. Once I had bruises, most of the time a hand print. Well, all I needed was to go to school once with marks on my face to notice the sympathy I received. After that I was spoiling for a fight with my mom. I instigated circumstances I knew I would be smacked in the face for. Then I'd act the victim at school. I'm so glad no one in authority took action, actually, I only did this in front of friends. I am not the person that I described in a previous post. Because of the person I mentioned previously and my own actions as a teen and what I'm reading on the internet about Hilary's situation I feel even more unsettled about her video. Yes, that kind of corporal punishment is wrong. Yes, Hilary's parents were out of control. It's like when you repeatedly tell your kid to do something and they don't. If you lose your temper and yell it kind of defeats the situation. You were right to tell them to do it, but then you yelled and it changed the situation to you now having to apologize. I'm not equating, just "thinking out loud". This whole situation is unsettling.

You have to look at the actions of the parent there. Do I have kids that act like idiots when I wash their hair? Sure. Does my one year old scream like I'm killing her when I change a poopy diaper and then smile as soon as I finish? Sure. But MY actions are caring and kind.

This guy's actions were evil. So, no matter what her reaction was, HE was still doing horrible things. Screaming and beating your child are not okay. Period.

Exactly!!!!!! ITA!!

There is a lot of movement during a spanking. Those who have received/given them know that. She should've just turned over and took her licks and been done. No, she had to continually disobey and make it much, much worse for herself. Also, her decision-making led to her getting a spanking in the first place.

Again, the parents over-emotionality is bothersome, but I said that already.

I'm sorry, but either you're serious and I'm just shocked or I smell something fishy. This is NOT a spanking. This was a beating. A beating with a belt. :confused::confused: Are there seriously spankers out there who think the belt part of this was acceptable if dad was calm? I think, I know I feel sick now.

I don't know what to say to this. I am kind of stunned that treating another human being like that (just the beating, we'll leave off the verbal vomit) could be considered acceptable. I don't know what to do with that thought process.

What do you mean by 'suspicious?' Are there rules on how a child should behave while being abused? Is it not abuse because there is no labored breathing or hard crying? I don't understand what you are trying to get across here.

I still think it is suspicious that it stops when her parents leave the room, not even any labored breathing that would come from the hard crying exhibited during the beating.

So?

Regardless of what the girl may have done before, during, or after - the man is hitting her with a belt.

That's not okay.

There is a lot of movement during a spanking. Those who have received/given them know that. She should've just turned over and took her licks and been done. No, she had to continually disobey and make it much, much worse for herself. Also, her decision-making led to her getting a spanking in the first place.

No, there is a lot of movement during an assault.

I give my kids a few swats on the bum. They stand still. I do not wildly swing a weapon at them until I feel like they've absorbed enough blows.

Okay then. I guess if someone in leadership over you...um your husband perhaps...thinks you are disobeying you better just lie down and take whatever he dishes out. I mean who wouldn't just lie there while someone assaults them? The dad even said he would "beat" her again if she "so much as f*cking looked" at him wrong again.

Like I said, we occasionally spank. On the bottom. Not the legs, arms, and apparently the face from that last lick he gave her with his hand (couldn't see, but that's what it sounded like).

Okay, done with my troll feeding for the day.

As someone who was spanked by a parent via belt "just" a few times and for pretty serious stuff on my end , I can verify that it hurts/is painful and it's scary, but yeah, I made sure to cry because I didn't want my parent to think that it wasn't effective and get more. I'm pretty tough and stoic and knew even in my late elementary early teen years that that could get me into trouble ie more spankings.

Edited by JENinOR

What do you mean by 'suspicious?' Are there rules on how a child should behave while being abused? Is it not abuse because there is no labored breathing or hard crying? I don't understand what you are trying to get across here.

What I'm wondering is if she exacerbated the situation because she knew she was recording it to show the world how abused she was. I'm not saying that's what happened. See me other posts. It almost feels like she baited her father to do what she knew he would if she acted a certain way.

Some people believe that a swat on the rear with a belt is acceptable corporal punishment. Like the mother in the video did. It makes me wonder if that's what she would have received if she had complied with her father's demand to bend over the bed. OTOH, he seemed to already be out of control at the beginning of the video.

Other people believe that corporal punishment using more than the hand is abuse. Still other's believe that any corporal punishment is abuse.

She was crying so hard during the beating that it is suspicious to me that she made absolutely no noise after her parents left the room. She didn't continue to cry, whimper, moan, breathe heavily like she was trying to stop crying or suck snot like you would naturally need to do in accordance with the crying during the beating.

I find that suspicious. I still believe she received a beating, not corporal punishment. Her parents, both, were out of control. Everyone in this situation needs help.

What I'm wondering is if she exacerbated the situation because she knew she was recording it to show the world how abused she was. I'm not saying that's what happened. See me other posts. It almost feels like she baited her father to do what she knew he would if she acted a certain way.

Some people believe that a swat on the rear with a belt is acceptable corporal punishment. Like the mother in the video did. It makes me wonder if that's what she would have received if she had complied with her father's demand to bend over the bed. OTOH, he seemed to already be out of control at the beginning of the video.

Other people believe that corporal punishment using more than the hand is abuse. Still other's believe that any corporal punishment is abuse.

She was crying so hard during the beating that it is suspicious to me that she made absolutely no noise after her parents left the room. She didn't continue to cry, whimper, moan, breathe heavily like she was trying to stop crying or suck snot like you would naturally need to do in accordance with the crying during the beating.

I find that suspicious. I still believe she received a beating, not corporal punishment. Her parents, both, were out of control. Everyone in this situation needs help.

I'm not going to watch it again but didn't he start hitting her as she stood up to go to the bed? IOW, he told her to get face down on the bed (a disgusting submissive position, I might add), but before she had a chance, he started hitting her legs? I might be wrong about that detail, but it seems like I remember that.

Or I get in the one I actually wanted. :glare:

:iagree: Sometimes those little buggers dance around. There were times I intended to give a slight pop, but gave a harder one when the child danced around to avoid their punishment. Of course, again, this doesn't really compare to what happened in the video. That father was definitely out of control. He was beside himself.

Um, most the painful, scary part is when getting hit and wondering how long it's going to last. Not after. It's done, the pain is subsiding or your just feeling numbness. Have you been spanked as a child? I'm always scared for parents who never felt what a spanking was like who spank. I would never submit myself to an out of control parent for a spanking. Are you serious??? Gag.

I'm not going to watch it again but didn't he start hitting her as she stood up to go to the bed? IOW, he told her to get face down on the bed (a disgusting submissive position, I might add), but before she had a chance, he started hitting her legs? I might be wrong about that detail, but it seems like I remember that.

Ugh, vomit coming up, but I think he made his commandment and she "rebelled" and then he started wailing on her legs and trying to physically push her into the position he wanted her. I cannot watch again to verify though.

Ugh, vomit coming up, but I think he made his commandment and she "rebelled" and then he started wailing on her legs and trying to physically push her into the position he wanted her. I cannot watch again to verify though.

Yeah, that might have been what happened. For the life of me, I just don't understand why she didn't do exactly as he commanded! *sarcasm*

Just sick.

Hmmm, I think your treatment of someone who doesn't agree with you (ie ME) is just as mean and abusive as what the dad is doing in the video. Hey, let's gang up on the person over there because we don't agree with his view of something. A troll, really? A TROLL? Look in the mirror, all of you. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

FWIW, I am not a spanker and have never spanked my children. I know many parents who do and it looks pretty much like what I saw in the link. Heck, when I was a kid, a neighbor mom could spank us if we were bad at her house. That's just the way it is/was. The man in the video is not doing anything illegal. Yes, in Sweden is it, but not the good 'ol USA. People who use corporal punishment...well, this is what it looks like. If you want to "occupy" the whitehouse until they outlaw spanking your kids with a belt, then go do it (I might join you, as I think spanking AT ALL is excessive and indicative of parents who don't take the time to PARENT).

Have a nice day. (not said with sarcasm)

Someone on Facebook posted this along with the "I stand by this judge".

I commented on it, but here is the rest of what I wanted to say:

Today I was so angry at my son that I understood why people use force during punishment. I clapped my hands together instead of hitting him. That doesn't make me a saint, it makes me someone who understands the level of frustration that takes a person to that point. I felt like the emotions inside me HAD TO COME OUT, HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE, so I made them go to my hands in a clap. Yeah, it probably looked as stupid as it sounds. You get pissed off about something so you clap your hands? :confused:

All that to say,.....I understand what takes a parent to that point, but he was WAY HUGELY OVER THE LINE WRONG and HE should be punished.

Some say that what she was doing was illegal. (downloading stuff w/o paying for it) But, as a judge he knows that there are LEGAL remedies for it. Assaulting your child is not one of them, to my knowlege. It is assault. This was not spanking, he had quite an arc on his swing and was using enough force to truly hurt her.

For those of you who find her reactions unusual - the description under the video says that the girl has ataxic cerebral palsy. (yes, this jerk was beating his disabled daughter)

People with CP often have a variety of delays and difficulties that can effect that way that they react to things around them.