Menu

What are the chances?

My kids have been all over the place:

#1(dd) - 7lb6oz, 19.5"

#2(ds) - 8lb10oz, 21.5" (these 2 were both born at 40w2days, but dd was induced)

#3(ds) - 5lb15oz, 18.75" (he was technically a preemie at 36w5d)

But my mom had 4 girls and #1 and #3 weighed the same, and #2 and #4 weighed the same. Weird!

My babies ranged in gestational age from 37 1/2 weeks to 39 weeks, 5 days. (I know when I conceived them so the dates were not off.) In spite of this and of having two of each gender, their weights were in the narrow range of 7 lb, 12 oz to 8 lb, 6 oz. So, there was a 10 ounce spread between all four of them. Both of my last two babies weighed 8 lb, 6 oz. Add to this that there is also a ten year spread between the first and the last baby.

I think it would be an interesting research study to compare all of the variables with baby weights.

1 - 9 lb, 20.5 in

2 - 8 lb 6 oz, 21 in

3 - 8 lb 6 oz, 20.5 in

I fully expect any more babies to be between 8 and 9 pounds, and 20 and 21 inches long. I would be shocked if I suddenly had a 6 pound baby.

1 and 2 were both born right at 39 weeks (38 weeks 6 days, and 39 weeks 1 day). 3 was born in the 38th week, but we'll forgive him since there was a hurricane. :001_smile:

While all five of mine have been 7 something, two have been the same weight and 4 of the 5 were within 4 ounces of each other. If their birth dates had landed a day or two earlier or later, I'm sure I could have had more the same weight.

#1 7 lbs 5 oz

#2 7 lbs 14 oz

#3 7 lbs 3 oz

#4 7 lbs 1 oz

#5 7 lbs 5 oz