1. 1. Where do you/your family vomit?

• toilet
    • bowel
    • bucket
    • bin
    • on the floor
    • wherever, I don't really care where
    • other

Bucket -no way no how am I sticking my head in the toilet -just can't do it -I'd rather wash out the bucket. Plus it's more comfortable throwing up whilst sitting on the couch then it is kneeling on tiled floor.

My kids will happily throw up in the toilet -I try to discourage them and get them to use the bucket. 5yo can make the bucket perfectly every time - 4yo just learnt to with the last stomach bug (yippee) 2yo - well what can I say -he can't get the bucket even with me holding him so I hold him over the bathtub (wider area) and yes I'd still rather scub the tub of vomit then have anyone vomit in the toilet :D

I can't stand those ads on tv where they show drunk people vomiting into public toilets with their heads laying on the seat :eek: its gross enough at home but in a public toilet :001_huh::ack2:

If any of us are really sick we sleep with a bowl/pot next to the bed- otherwise it's the toilet.

I should not read the boards pre-coffee. I took me three tries to see that you don't keep a bowl or PET next to the bed for this purpose.

That's what we do, too. Bucket next to the bed for emergencies, otherwise the toilet. (no pets or bowels here)

When the kids were really little, it was a towel in our laps. Running through the house with a barfing toddler just upped the level of difficulty in cleanup.

I had to vote "other" for the sheer fact that we are a house divided. My hubby absolutely refuses to vomit anywhere but in the toilet. If I am feeling nauseous, hanging my head over a toilet that gets as much use as ours will certainly make me toss my cookies! The other 6 of us use various and sundry buckets. I have an old (enpty) Fisher's Popcorn bucket that is our ideal "yak bucket" and when multiple kids are sick at once, they actually fight over who gets this particular vessel. :lol:

Most of us vomit in the toilet. When the kids are little and not able to make it to the bathroom consistently, I give them a small plastic trash can to hold. They sleep with it next to their bed.

Related aside...one of the most unfun things I did was to clean up vomit which came from the top bunk of my boys' room. My son on the top bunk leaned over and vomited over the side of his bed directly onto his brother's bed. He didn't want to throw up on his own bed. (These were the bunk beds in which the lower one stuck out like a T from the top one so it was the perfect placement for vomit catching.)

We just had a throw up virus make it through several of our kids. The 11 year old consistently made it to the toilet. The 6 year old made it to the toilet at times but used a plastic trash can at other times.

In the toilet, but I always place a trash can with a clean plastic liner next to the bed just in case. The sink would be the place of last resort if the person was still able to move.

Cleaning up the stuff really icks me out, with a bag it's just tie and toss.

sink. bathroom sink. Frequently, these days. There is a whole lotta' sanitizin' goin' on, too.

I try for the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal. Cleaning chunks out of the bathroom sink might make me get sick again.

My kids go for the toilet or a bucket.

I have never done a pole before so hoping it works.

spin off from the dog bowl in the dishwasher thread.

where do you , and your family vomit?

Every single person I know gets their family to vomit in the toilet, children learn from a very young age to run to the toilet to vomit. I have even carried small children ( age 2) through the house at top speed telling them to hold on , to the toilet.

My husband was a private pilot, and my older dd got air sick quite easily. She was very skilled at barfing into a ziploc bag without spilling a drop.

When we have a stomach bug, the goal for kids is the toilet or a bucket. Anywhere but the rug! I go for the sink with a garbage disposal so I don't have to risk splash-ups or cleaning chunks out of the bathroom sink.

I try for the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal. Cleaning chunks out of the bathroom sink might make me get sick again.

Yes, a couple of years ago I suddenly threw up in the kitchen sink. I was totally unexpected and so SUDDEN that it took me by surprise. As soon as I cleaned it up and brushed my teeth I called my friend who is a nurse and asked her, "Is it normal to pee while throwing up?"

She said that yes, it is, in case anyone was wondering. :tongue_smilie:

This thread is delightfully disgusting! :D

Lined trash can or the side of the empty kitchen sink with the garbage disposal.

The concept of putting my head in a toilet is just ... Well I suppose vomit inducing. I won't do it if I have any other option.

Our trash cans are lined, so we it is easy to clean up. And can be placed at bedside or sofa.

When pregnant I have been known to throw up so often and hard that I throw my shoulders out, so I have found using the side of the sink and the spraying it with bleach is far less stress on my back.

Toilet BUT I leave an ice cream pail by their sides as a just in case bucket. They are still to try and get to the toilet but with the bucket in their hands just in case, or if they can't even get that far to use in their beds. They are in bunk beds so it can be a bit dicey if they will make it or not.

Growing up, we had a vomit bowl that was placed by our beds in case we couldn't make it to the bathroom. To this day, that color of yellow makes me want to throw up!!! (but, I have to say, I was a little proud the day my then 7 yo threw up and FILLED the yellow vomit bowl at grandma's house!!!!)

Are we sisters? We had a yellow bowl too. Giant plastic tupperware thing. It was also our popcorn bowl. Ewwww.....

If I don't think my child will make it to the toilet, (which was my vote) I will surround them with towels. Quick and easy clean-up. Rinse, if necessary, throw 'em in the wash with some bleach. No problem.

You sound like my mom. She would stay still for 3 days before she would vomit. She went through chemo for breast cancer and only vomited ONE TIME.

Me? Eh. I'd just as soon get it all out and over with.

Well, the most I've ever stayed still like that was about an hour... I couldn't hold out for three days! Whew!

Toilet. Seriously, who has the stomach to clean out the bowl :ack2: If I had to do that I would be in the bathroom throwing up too. Or we would go through A LOT of bowls because I would be throwing them out after each time!

We do keep a bag lined garbage can just in case but my dd's got it pretty young that you need to do that in the bathroom!

Preference is toilet. We (adults) use a bucket with lid (ex diaper pail) if we're too ill to get out of bed easily. The kids don't have much warning/aim/whatever so we generally just tuck them up with lots of towels and hope for the best (vomit in long hair on a kid who then resists having it washed is the pits!)

We had a yellow bowl too. Giant plastic tupperware thing. It was also our popcorn bowl. Ewwww.....

I'm not eating this :lurk5: at Rebecca's house.

Of course, most of you probably don't wanna go near my sink, either. ;)

After this afternoon I'd like to change my answer to kitchen trash can. (Yes, I was thinking of all of you AND this thread in particular as cookies got tossed.) :001_huh:

This thread came at an apropos time for me as DD is presently asleep on the living room couch, having had nausea all day, a fever much of it, and has thrice vomited, in the trash bin normally in her room. When not employed for its present purpose, it is lined so that it stays in a condition of easily rinsed out. When she was little I'd keep towels under her. She's bucket-trained now. The bucket method was also employed by my mom when we were growing up.

She's ensconced on the couch now largely because she sleeps on the top bunk above the baby and me. She wasn't up to climbing up there and I'm not up for being vomited upon ever if I can help it.