Menu

Mom Jeans and the dreaded "Long Butt Syndrome"

Do you wear mom jeans?  

1. 1. Do you wear mom jeans?

• Yes, I proudly wear them - and even with an elastic waist!
    • Yes, I have a pair or two but am willing to branch out.
    • No, I only wear cute butt jeans
    • No, because I wear dresses/skirts only

No mom jeans here. I probably wouldn't be able to find them if I wanted them anyway since women's sizes are too big. I shop in the junior's department.

All of my jeans are low rise and yes, I do get tired of pulling them up at times. But, I hated it when I was younger and all jeans seemed to come up to my belly button (I am super short). It always felt like the waistband was cutting me in half when I sat down, even if they were loose on me.

NO mom jeans!!! Ever!!! There is simply no need to do this to yourself.

The funniest part of that post was the "Grandma" jeans. "If you can't tell your front from your back, you are off the Grandma jeans deep end." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go for the cute butt, ladies. Avoid mom jeans!!

:iagree:

Oh. My. Word. :001_huh:

My favorite part from the blog:

Notice that it doesn’t matter if a pair of jeans were a popular brand when you were in high school. They can still attrociously lengthen your butt:

I *knew* even in highschool in the late 80s that those high pocket Levi's were bad on me but it wasn't until the early 90s and low pocket girbaud jeans that I realized what a difference pockets could make.

I've only found 2 pairs of jeans that fit me (due to a LARGE discrepancy in waist and hip size) and they are definitely NOT mom jeans.

One pair is from American Eagle bought on the clearance rack, and the other is Rue21's Curvy fit jeans. Seriously my FAVORITE jeans ever and they fit PERFECTLY!

What drives me crazy are the large waists no matter what size I try, even if they're already too tight in the rear. Even when I finally find a pair that seems to fit, it stretches out after a few minutes; a trip through the laundry helps, but still, I don't understand how the waists can stretch so much. I mostly wear Talbots and Old Navy, but nothing is perfect.