Menu

Does anyone her work, or know someone who works for Boerhinger?

We really want to move to the East Coast. I love the area of CT where Boerhinger is. My dh has applied for tons of jobs there, that he has been really qualified for, and we never hear back from them. Someone told me that unless your resume is handed in by someone who works at Boerhinger, they do not look at people from as far away as Oregon. Our location puts us straight into the ignore box by the computer.

Anyway, there is another job posted today. DH can do everything, and then some. I was just wondering if someone on the hive had a connection. If they would look at dh's resume, and if they felt it was good, hand it in. That or maybe tell us where we could beef it up. Any help would be great. I am getting so discouraged with this job hunt thing, and we just found out today that they want to take away MORE benefits at the job he is working at. Ughh!

Heh, and Oregon is where we'd love to be, but there are no jobs for DH. :tongue_smilie:

No direct connection to BI, but we considered it years ago. Ridgefield is a lovely town, though the cost of living is high.

FYI, for the last several years there have been lots of unemployed ex-Pfizer employees here in CT looking for jobs. Most aren't finding anything. If we weren't already here, I doubt I'd consider moving to CT for pharma. If we needed to move, we'd be considering metro Boston and CA, but even there the job markets are really tight right now.

Is your DH working with a recruiter?

Edited by jplain

NJ is another place with a LOT of Pharma. DH, my mother, a few of my cousins and I all work(ed) for pharma companies here in NJ. ALL of them hire from agencies more than their own websites. If you can call and find out who their preferred agency is you can send the resume there and may have better luck. Depending on his skill and position, you might need to consider going in temp to perm.

How do we find a recruiter? DH did his undergrad and worked in the UK. Job hunting is VERY different there. He now has a PhD and 3 years post doc. He has helped start a small bio tech company and is the head scientist in the company. Do you know an east coast recruiter we can get in touch with?

We love Oregon, but my mother and sister live on the east coast, and all dh's family is in England. It is just much cheaper and easier to fly to England from the east coast.

He really is an amazing chemist. He found a cure for Malaria for his PhD, that is a good enough hit that it started up a small company. They are just getting to the point that it looks like MMV is going to come and take it soon, so bye bye job.