Menu

All About Spelling - tile issue

Daisy

Does anyone know if we were supposed to buy another set of tiles this year for AAS 3? I bought the starter pack of tiles, but this year we don't have enough tiles to build words that have three of the same tile such as billfold and giggle.

Did you buy more tiles or am I missing something?

Does anyone know if we were supposed to buy another set of tiles this year for AAS 3? I bought the starter pack of tiles, but this year we don't have enough tiles to build words that have three of the same tile such as billfold and giggle.

Did you buy more tiles or am I missing something?

We bought an extra set in case we lost letters and to spell longer words.

This is a known issue, not sure if there were any changes to the words in newer printing, but I know my set of tiles came with some blank squares. I planned to just write any extra letters we need on those.

ETA: I plan to use dry erase marker on those blank tiles so they can be changed as needed.

Edited by nukeswife

Since we use our's on our white board, we just wrote the extra letters. This comes up rarely.

This is a known issue, not sure if there were any changes to the words in newer printing, but I know my set of tiles came with some blank squares. I planned to just write any extra letters we need on those.

ETA: I plan to use dry erase marker on those blank tiles so they can be changed as needed.

Great ideas ladies! Thanks for sharing. Guess I don't remember that issue :D with the l and g.

:iagree: