Menu

MCP Math Difference Between 1994 and 2005

Homeschooling6

The 1994 and 2005 editions of this series are very similar content-wise, each having the same number of pages, most of which are more or less duplicates. The 2005 edition has noticeably larger font and, correspondingly, many graphics have been eliminated. The remaining graphics are black and white where the ‘94 edition often included an accent color. There seem to be adjustments in the paper quality as well. At the upper levels, the quality of the older editions is noticeably better, but differences are just barely discernible at the lower levels. Quoted from RR.

I'm wondering if the graphics that have been eliminated are a good thing or not:tongue_smilie:. I was pretty set on purchasing the 2005 but am wondering if I should just go with the 1994.

Any thoughts :001_cool:

Looks like it's just you and me, kid!:001_smile:

Personally, I would go with the '94 edition. I like graphics and color. I know there's not much color, but anything is better than b&w. Also, it's much easier to find used TM's of the '94. As for the content, I think I would prefer to have more practice and word problems (94) than lessons on estimation and problem solving (05).

Just my .02!

Looks like it's just you and me, kid!:001_smile:

Personally, I would go with the '94 edition. I like graphics and color. I know there's not much color, but anything is better than b&w. Also, it's much easier to find used TM's of the '94. As for the content, I think I would prefer to have more practice and word problems (94) than lessons on estimation and problem solving (05).

Just my .02!

Thank you cheryl for chatting and helping me decide. I am going to go with the 1994. In fact I found a TM for $15.00 in new condition at Amazon today:hurray:.

Thank you ladies. I'll keep you all updated. I plan to use this with Ethan, who suppose to be using TT but I can't find the dvds (it's been 6 wks). Believe it or not, I don't have any math for him. Over the summer I sold or donated every, single, thing that we were not going to use in order to declutter.

He has been using Time4Learnig but he needs more review with some of the concepts.

I think I may have packed the cds by accident. In what box? Who knows. Oh well, MCP Math looks good and I think he'll do fine with it. I can't wait to get him started.

Blessings,

Linda<><