Menu

It was a good year. Lots of milestones for me that year, very important things that happened in my life. Graduated, started college, met my future dh. And I'm pretty sure it all happened just the other day, not more than a decade ago.

But I keep seeing people talking about buying older vehicles, 199? models. And I think, that's not old. '95 was just a couple...... um.... nevermind. :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

It was a good year. Lots of milestones for me that year, very important things that happened in my life. Graduated, started college, met my future dh. And I'm pretty sure it all happened just the other day, not more than a decade ago.

But I keep seeing people talking about buying older vehicles, 199? models. And I think, that's not old. '95 was just a couple...... um.... nevermind. :001_huh: :tongue_smilie:

:lol:

I totally hear you! I also have a problem with faces. DD6 takes a class at the university I went to, and when we're driving around on class nights, I see kids walking around and think things like, "Hey! I think that girl lived in my dorm!" And then I remember that the girl who lived in my dorm would be near 40 now, not 19 :blush:

I did all those things in 1995 too! :001_smile: And I totally get it--I can't believe it's been 16 years!!! :001_huh:

I graduated '97.

In '95 I was...well, you know the show GLEE...I was in a show choir like that, only good.:tongue_smilie::lol: I was getting my driver's permit. I was taking Latin and Trig. I had YET to have a real job. I thought doing the dishes was worse than slavery. I lived on diet coke and twizzlers. I had an hour-glass figure...and a different boy calling my house every few weeks. Those were the days...:lol:

'95 was a good year for us too! We got married that year :D

I too feel like it couldn't have been that long ago. We have a 1996 car that is still running. I DO feel like it is old though. But I don't think 1995 was that long ago.

Dawn

In 94 I got married, bought a house and had my first child. 1995 was a year of learning to live that new life. I tried to go back to college, but realized that I couldn't have a baby, work full time and go to school.

If I knew then what I know now....I would have quit the job and gone to school.

In 1995 I graduated from college summa cum laude and had the honor of giving a speech at the ceremony (talk about a proud moment!) I also got my first "real job" (using my degree) and dh and I got our first apartment together (we had previously been living with my parents or BIL). I also planned and pulled-off a wonderful surprise party for my parents' 25th wedding anniversary.

It was a wonderful and life-changing year, the beginning of our "adult lives" together, and although we had already been married for 4 years, we were still head-over-heels honeymooners :001_wub: Our first child was born at the end of 1996.

No, it doesn't seem like that long ago, and yet so much has changed. We have grown and matured and had a multitude of life experiences together, and of course 3 wonderful kiddos.

When people mention "the 90s", though, I feel like it was reasonably recent, not over a decade ago! I guess I lost the first decade of the 2000s somehow, or they were a blur, what was I doing, oh yea, raising littles! ;)

I graduated from college in '95. Dh and I were engaged a year later and married in 1997. My 20 yr. high school reunion is this year - I feel like that was just yesterday too. In music, the '90s are discussed like the 80s... scary!

When, oh when did I get so old? Let's see; 1995....1995.... I think I remember....

I was a college graduate with my teaching credential and a couple years of teaching under my belt, some of them with an "emergency credential." Married and approaching my 5 year anniversary, but why is it so hard to remember?

Oh yeah! I had just chucked it all to become an at-home mom to my first baby in 1994. By 1995 I was still sleep deprived.

This morning that 17 year old baby drove her little sister to their early morning religion class and will come home to pick up her portfolio for her classes at the local community college while I look over the essay she wrote for university application next fall. While I am excited for this new phase for her, sometimes I'd give anything to be up at 2:30 AM nursing and playing with that very awake baby.

Amber in SJ

1995 was a good year for me too. Fifth grade. I was doing Odyssey of the Mind, I was at one of my favorite schools ever (I went to several). I won the science fair. Yup, a pretty great year, over all. It does seem like a long time ago though! ;)

We are so totally the same age. Let's see ... fifth grade. I got to be on the high school Quiz Bowl team, met my DH for the first time on a 4-H trip, my dad remodeled our house, oh and TOY STORY was in theaters.

In 2005 we saw a special Tenth Anniversary Edition Toy Story DVD at Target. DH said, "What? Toy Story is not ten years old. Did they put this out a few years early?" When we got home we looked it up, and yes, Toy Story really was that long ago! Of course now, it's 2011, so Toy Story is sixteen years old ... no, I can't accept that. :tongue_smilie:

1995 was a fun year. That was the end of my junior year and start of my senior year of high school.

It occurred to me the other day that people born in 1990 are now old enough to drink legally. And that, out of my entire class of students (all college students), only two were old enough to vote in 2008. Crazy!