Menu

Is this enough for a day? Too little? Too much?

momsuz123

Hi all, I am new this year to hsing and really trying to get it all in, but I have a very active 2 y/o adding to my difficulties. This is what we did today. My 7 y/o is in 2nd grade and a very strong student. My 6 y/o is a young 1st grader, and has some hearing and health issues we are working on.

7 y/o: 4 lessons in Math if Focus (singapore)(she wanted to do more lessons, I told her let's take a break), 10 minutes on Ipad of math drills, read FIAR book outloud to both girls, she read indep. for 30 minutes, AAS x 20 mintues, short geography lesson based on FIAR book

6y/o: chapter test/review in Math in Focus,15 minutes of reading eggs, 15 minutes of ipad apps, 2x15 minutes of AAS (normally not this long, but she was excited), read to me 2 stories from her AAS book, I read to her FIAR book and discussed, Draw Write Now

later, 7 y/o has soccer and 6 y/o has piano; every night is me reading aloud to them, and 7 y/o crawling in her bed and reading outloud to her dolls (she will do this until we tell her lights out); I normally have my 7 y/o do handwriting everyday, but tonight I was going to do her WWE

You have all been so helpful in the past, I appreciate your input. Thanks.

That seems like a good amount to me :) It's actually relieving to see a schedule that looks similar to mine. I can't seem to get anything else done than what we do in a day or I start shortening/rushing things and everyone seems flustered. On history days that IS our reading out loud usually, and same with science. We do math, spelling, grammar, writing daily. We only spend about 5 minutes on copy work practice because is a slow writer and I like him to write his dictations also.

Did the 7 yr old do any writing at all? It looks like the 6 yr old did with the Draw Write Now. And I didn't see any grammar. Are you not starting that yet, or is it included in the FIAR?

Those are the 2 things that I wondered about when I saw the list and then compared to what my own 7 yr old is working on. She does some type of writing most days either handwriting, copywork or dictation, or a letter, or a written narration. I wouldn't think her day was complete with out any.

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
horrible grammar...

Yes, I do writing at least 5 days/week; just today she didn't do it yet but will when I do her Writing With Ease tonight. My "schedule" got thrown off today because my little guy did not nap (that is when we normally get so much done), but now that he is getting older he is trying to throw some curve balls into my schedule. I also do grammar about 4-5 days/week. I am realizing that also with a 2 y/o, I may just have to do some school at night, when my dh is home to play with him.

Yes, I do writing at least 5 days/week; just today she didn't do it yet but will when I do her Writing With Ease tonight. My "schedule" got thrown off today because my little guy did not nap (that is when we normally get so much done), but now that he is getting older he is trying to throw some curve balls into my schedule. I also do grammar about 4-5 days/week. I am realizing that also with a 2 y/o, I may just have to do some school at night, when my dh is home to play with him.

It sounds perfect then!