Menu

Dressing Your Truth questions

In a couple of recent posts, people mentioned the Dressing Your Truth website. I've browsed the site and I've been receiving the introductory emails, but they are fairly vague about how this program helps.

If you have used this program, exactly what package did you buy and how does it help you achieve the look you're comfortable with? I think I'd like to try it, but it seems to be a pricey leap of faith without more specifics than the site offers.

Thanks,

Beth

There was an offer last spring for $1 I think I could try it out for 5 days. And if I didn't like it I could return it. I tried it in those five days and crammed. I really like what I saw but I had to wait a few months to buy it, though I did incorporate what I learned till I could buy the full course for keeps.

You want to buy the online truth course that is $297 regularly. It has the intro and helps you figure out your type. Then you select your type and they send you your style card which has your colors and what to look for in dress. In addition there are all the videos that explain the style card and what looks good on your type, hair, makeup, clothing, shoes ect. You also get access to monthly club nights that cover something new each month.

I will be honest I waited till I had the money and they had a sale, I spent much less than $279. I'll pm you details.

I love walking into a store and being able to quickly tell if they have something I like. I loved thrifting my maternity clothes and picking out only the ones that were my type and size. It made it a much easier process. As I knew what to look for. And I have gotten more compliments dressing my truth than before.

Good luck in your quest.

Here are a couple of follow up questions. Do you feel like you wardrobe becomes boring because you follow a formula or is it just totally freeing because you like what you have? How much did you know about your "style" before reading the book/taking the course?

I sometimes wonder if I already know what looks good on me, but the grass is greener on the other side. What if I'm already dressing my truth and just don't like it? :001_huh:

I have to work on not making my boring as but part of that is my type. We have two main colors that get used a lot which if fine, I think that is my type though not the others. But I have found that everything blends together. My shoes, bottoms, tops, and jewelry can all (well mostly) be interchanged much more than before. And so I have more variety than before. I am also willing to be more bold in something than before.

As a teen I was pretty good at knowing what looked good on me and actually dressing my truth. Then I became a mom and tried to soften that image and fit in with others. :001_huh: It was so freeing for me to be true to myself which I have kept hidden for too many years. I love it! The outfits that I still have from my teen years actually are the ones that are very true to my dressing your truth type. Which I of course kept because I always get complimented on them. :D Now I get it all the time and feel very much like I am in my own skin now.

There is a money back garantee, I think you get 30 days. If you are dressing your truth chances are you would be getting compliments and love it. ;) If you think the grass is greener it very well be. You can always come and try it and see.

It is very prescriptive to a point. Like which metal of jewelry you should wear or which shape. But I have found so much variety even with those tips. And I am actually enjoying wearing it again as I know what looks good on me, which is not what looks good on my mom. We are two different types. So our colors and jewlery and style is different and that has been so freeing.

I would guess that not many people are already completely dressing their truth, unless they are very confident with who they are and are not trying to please others or fit in with the way they look.

The program tries to tie in your personal style with your innate personality type. Everyone does this in an ultimately different way, but the basic rules within a type are the same for each person. If you don't like it at all, it probably isn't "you."

I've found the guidelines that I know about to be especially freeing when going shopping. I can look at most things and know if they are not me at all. It also gives me much more mix and match options for my wardrobe.

There was an offer last spring for $1 I think I could try it out for 5 days. And if I didn't like it I could return it. I tried it in those five days and crammed. I really like what I saw but I had to wait a few months to buy it, though I did incorporate what I learned till I could buy the full course for keeps.

You want to buy the online truth course that is $297 regularly. It has the intro and helps you figure out your type. Then you select your type and they send you your style card which has your colors and what to look for in dress. In addition there are all the videos that explain the style card and what looks good on your type, hair, makeup, clothing, shoes ect. You also get access to monthly club nights that cover something new each month.

I will be honest I waited till I had the money and they had a sale, I spent much less than $279. I'll pm you details.

I love walking into a store and being able to quickly tell if they have something I like. I loved thrifting my maternity clothes and picking out only the ones that were my type and size. It made it a much easier process. As I knew what to look for. And I have gotten more compliments dressing my truth than before.

Good luck in your quest.

Can you tell us what is a "good price" for this? :)