Menu

Dumb Product?

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, perhaps its b/c I've had 4 kids already, but...

I seriously don't understand the new Huggies product that's being advertised. Its a slip on diaper, so Jr doesn't have to lay down for a diaper change.

Now, maybe its just me, but I see two redundancies here.

One, its really not that big a challenge to put a regular diaper on when Jr is standing up. I've done it tonnes of times, for a variety of reasons.

Two...Uh, isn't this already on the market under 'Pull Ups'?

I agree. Now, on the other hand, my dh never could get the hang of putting a diaper on a child who was standing up. And, I think it's Pampers that has Easy Ups? I think that is what Huggies is duplicating. Pull-Ups are really only good for accidents - they leak if it's used as a diaper. My guess is these Huggies diapers will come in smaller sizes than what Pull-Ups are traditionally sold in as well.

I don't see myself buying them neccesarily but I can see their usefulness - thinking of dh being able to throw one in the diaper bag so if he's out and need to do a quick change he doesn't have to find a place to lay babe down, etc.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, perhaps its b/c I've had 4 kids already, but...

I seriously don't understand the new Huggies product that's being advertised. Its a slip on diaper, so Jr doesn't have to lay down for a diaper change.

Now, maybe its just me, but I see two redundancies here.

One, its really not that big a challenge to put a regular diaper on when Jr is standing up. I've done it tonnes of times, for a variety of reasons.

Two...Uh, isn't this already on the market under 'Pull Ups'?

:iagree:

But how does one change a stinky diaper while Jr. is standing up? I've never been able to manage that.

Huggies must have some really odd new product development people; I personally didn't get the denim-look diapers either? Then again, we've always been Pampers people......

:iagree:

But how does one change a stinky diaper while Jr. is standing up? I've never been able to manage that.

Huggies must have some really odd new product development people; I personally didn't get the denim-look diapers either? Then again, we've always been Pampers people......

Well, that's the thing too...Even when an accident occurred in Pull Ups, you have to lay Jr down and tear the sides open, so as not to make a bigger, more disgusting mess.

Personally, I did the 'stand up' routine mainly when I had toddlers that needed changing in a public restroom...the change tables are ok for wee ones, but I don't trust them with bigger kidlets.

I totally don't get the denim look thing either. And loathed the commercial. "I poo in blue!"

I *was* a Pampers parent, but Diva was viciously allergic to them, so I've stayed away since.

Well, that's the thing too...Even when an accident occurred in Pull Ups, you have to lay Jr down and tear the sides open, so as not to make a bigger, more disgusting mess.

Personally, I did the 'stand up' routine mainly when I had toddlers that needed changing in a public restroom...the change tables are ok for wee ones, but I don't trust them with bigger kidlets.

I totally don't get the denim look thing either. And loathed the commercial. "I poo in blue!"

I *was* a Pampers parent, but Diva was viciously allergic to them, so I've stayed away since.

Certainly for anything more than pee the stand-up routine is out anyway. Definitely the way to go in a public restroom.

The denim diapers were ridiculous.

Funny, I didn't know Pull-Ups leaked.

I was potty training my kids before they could walk, and to encourage the idea that poo goes in the toilet, I would change them (regular diapers) while holding them over the toilet. (Can't honestly remember exactly what that looked like.) Pee got changed as part of a potty sit.

I hired a nanny about halfway through potty training, and she refused to change the kids the way I did. She would lay them down on the floor of the tiny bathroom (and she was 60yo) - so I bought the smallest size of pull-ups because it was just pathetic to watch that. I was lucky to find a size that would fit my kids, especially the then 19-pounder :tongue_smilie:. Ah, great times! I do not miss diapers.

Oh sure now you tell me :tongue_smilie: