Menu

Looking for frog eggs

This may help. I think that you may have an easier time skimming the eggs from a drainage ditch over a pond. We have seen frogs in the drainage ditches in a public park housing soccer fields. Is there anything like that near you? There is usually some sort of water containment area near sports fields which should contain all sorts of interesting stuff.

Jane

This may help. I think that you may have an easier time skimming the eggs from a drainage ditch over a pond. We have seen frogs in the drainage ditches in a public park housing soccer fields. Is that anything like that near you? There is usually some sort of water containment area near sports fields which should contain all sorts of interesting stuff.

There is a ditch that runs through the back of my yard. Yesterday while digging for a garden I found some gelatinous looking eggs on the bottom of a rock. They didn't look quite like the picture though. Could they possibly have been from a frog?

There is a ditch that runs through the back of my yard. Yesterday while digging for a garden I found some gelatinous looking eggs on the bottom of a rock. They didn't look quite like the picture though. Could they possibly have been from a frog?

I think newt eggs are similar. I think we thought we had frog eggs but an egg-spurt told us we had newt eggs. He said we were a little late for frog eggs. We found those in a river delta on the Puget Sound.

Could they possibly have been from a frog?

Who knows? Did you do a Google image search to look at other examples? Frankly I couldn't tell the difference between frogs eggs and other amphibian eggs. If you end up with salamanders, well, the kids have learned something, have they not? Sounds like some interesting science is about to happen in your world.

Jim Conrad's website may be useful in this matter.

Jane