Menu

Where can I get SMALL adult shoes. Like a 2 1/2?

My friend has a daughter from Vietnam. She is 18 yrs old Monday. Her shoes size is a 2 1/2, and she is a whopping 4'10". A petite Asian. Because of her size, she likes to wear HIGH heels. When they visited VN over the summer, they came back with a suitcase full of......ADULT SHOES. Does anybody know of a place here in the states that sells SMALL adult shoes for under $100 a par?

TIA!

Think she could wear a 3? I ask, because a kid's size 3 is the same as a women's size 5 (and a kid's size 4 is the same as a women's size 6). If she can wear a 3, she could buy women's size 5's.

The reason for the overlap is that kid's sizes are based on men's shoes. So the progression from kid's shoes to men's is seamless, but women's shoes are smaller than men's. So, there is an overlap in sizing when you move from kid's to women's.

Think she could wear a 3? I ask, because a kid's size 3 is the same as a women's size 5 (and a kid's size 4 is the same as a women's size 6). If she can wear a 3, she could buy women's size 5's.

The reason for the overlap is that kid's sizes are based on men's shoes. So the progression from kid's shoes to men's is seamless, but women's shoes are smaller than men's. So, there is an overlap in sizing when you move from kid's to women's.

I think she is saying she wears a WOMaN's size 2.5.

I had a friend growing up who wore a size woman's 4. She ordered from an Asian importer. I would try a store like Nordstroms or Zappos who often carry uncommon sizes.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

I have small feet. Cinderella of Boston is an online retailer that sells shoes for really small feet. You apparently can fax them an outline of your foot and they'll help with sizing. Their sizing is in *women's* sizing, not children's, so just be clear on what size she wants/needs before you order. THe quality is okay, but those of us with limited options are kind of stuck :) And if you want heels, they have a few varieties. Most of their shoes are definitely under $100. Nordstrom sells a few options (now have free shipping/free returns) in size 4 which she might or might not fit in (since women's and children's sizing overlap as a PP said). Children's shoes have gotten more "grown up" looking, but there are still very few options for high heels in kid sizes (thankfully I guess!), if she's definitely looking for heels.

Another thought would be Dansko (for quality but still available in kid sizes) for casual shoes, if she has any interest in casual shoes. I wear a kid size 2 or 3 and can wear a 35 in Dansko. They also come in smaller sizes for kids (but the kid options are primarily just clogs).

Edited by Momof3littles

A woman's size 2.5 would be like a child's size 1, I think? Is that what you need? The only place I know of to get those would be Cinderella's of Boston, like the pp mentioned. If she can wear a ladies 4 (child's 2-2.5) she may be able to find some on zappos or 6pm. Unless she goes to a zappos/6pm outlet, however, she is unlikely to find them under $100. If she's happy with thick heels, I can sometimes find children's shoes that work for me. I can find boots and wedges with pretty big heels in the children's department.

• 1 year later...
Guest michale

Here is a site http://www.pickylady.com/

Their shoes are custom made as per your feet width and length, can even produce single pair size US 1 for you. Petite sizes, small feet and large sizes shoes are available in this store.

I was impressed by their great service and fashionable styles.