Menu

Would you let your dd go to birthday party with friends

That you knew dd would be dressing up in a private room with moms helping her into the dress up costumes? Would you be upset if your dd went to a party but did not think about it being a dressup party and dd did change into dressup clothes with other moms helping?

Would you stay? Would you decline the invite?

I am confused. Did this already happen? Does the invitation say, "Dress up expected and if you don't have it, the moms will help you dress?"

Yes, it already took place and no the invititation did not have a statement on it, but this party place is known to be a dress up, girly party place. I am unsure how I feel about it.

Edited by lynn

Yes, it already took place and no the invititation did not have a statement on it, but this party place is known to be a dress up, girly party place.

So…they went to a dress up party…and they dressed up in girly costumes. If these are little kids, it makes sense that they'd need a hand.

It wouldn't bother me in the least. Dd would be so disappointed if she had to leave and embarrassed if dressed inappropriately. I have no problems with another mom helping her to change into something else if it was available. (Assuming she wasn't able to do it on her own.)

I left dd party yesterday wondering if the other girls mom's knew they would be dressing up. I am sure they firgured it out when they arrived and were directed to the "dressup/costume room". I know it did not bother me that dd was dressing up and having fun with her friends. I tend to over think things like this.

My niece had a party at one of those "princess tea party" places, and it said on the invitation to wear shorts & tank under your clothes, so the girls could change into the princess costumes without worrying about privacy. I don't remember whether my sister included that info or the party place did, but it was very helpful! I think there were about 20 girls ages 3-8, and probably 4 workers there helping them with clothes & hair, so the moms weren't really involved in any of that.

My DD has been to several of them, and has had her party at a children's bookstore that does dress-up parties twice. I made sure the parents knew that it was a dress up party. With DD's sensory issues, she can't handle most costumes, so I needed to know so I could make sure she had an underlayer that she could put the costume over without problems. If nothing else, DD's birthday is in late November-it's kind of COLD to be in a princess ball gown!

I really loved the bookstore that did DD's parties-the teen "fairy godmothers" did a great job, and the party room was small, pretty, and sweet-perfect for a handful of little girls to dress up, listen to stories, and have a tea party.

That you knew dd would be dressing up in a private room with moms helping her into the dress up costumes? Would you be upset if your dd went to a party but did not think about it being a dressup party and dd did change into dressup clothes with other moms helping?

I would not likely leave my 4yodd at a party with a large number of people, no matter what was on the agenda. I would stay, but my reasons would have nothing to do with dressing up part. (I'm assuming this question is about a party your 4yo went to.)

If it is a 4 year old, I would have stayed. Not because of any issue or concern, over the dress up part (assuming I knew the parents), but because I am am hovering mother like that :D.

:iagree:

I still don't leave my girls at parties, but now it's mainly because it is one of the few chances I get these days to hang out with my little group of mom friends.

:nopity:I'm a sad, lonely mom that goes to kids birthday parties for adult conversation. :D

I don't know if you are talking about a 4 year old, but it does appear to be your only female child, so I am thinking you are. My 4 year old did not attend parties without me. Moms were always invited and present when 4 year olds had parties; we didn't just drop them off.

No that wouldn't bother me unless I thought it was going to bother my child.

If your 4 year-old was fine with being dropped off at the party I don't see what is wrong with leaving her there. It sounds like a safe and fun environment.

I'm not sure if PPs are saying dropping a 4 year-old off at a party is a problem or if they just mean they wouldn't face this situation in your OP because they'd stay at the party or else not attend.

I left dd party yesterday wondering if the other girls mom's knew they would be dressing up. I am sure they firgured it out when they arrived and were directed to the "dressup/costume room". I know it did not bother me that dd was dressing up and having fun with her friends. I tend to over think things like this.

no, this wouldn't bother me. I would expect 4 year olds to need help.

It wouldn't bother me at all. Even without the dress-up aspect, I would not be surprised to find out that a mom helped my 4-yr-old with clothing or bathroom issues.

The moms generally stayed at parties when my kids were this age, but I'm thinking that is probably not possible for this type of party. The place probably cannot accomodate a parent per child; they make money by charging for their space and services.