Menu

iPad owners...what size did you get?

I got the 16...so so stupid. If I had it to do over again I'd definitely get the 64. Audio and apps take lots of space and I use lots of music and audio books for school and tons of apps for my home management so I filled input up within a couple of months.

FYI, ebooks do not take a lot of space and you can store the photos and videos that you take with the iPad in Dropbox, which is cloud storage so it's not local on your iPad.

All SillyAutismMan could afford was the 16...it is almost full after only about four months!!! I have already deleted several apps from the iPad (they are still on the 'puter in iTunes so can reload them later). If I can ever afford an iPad with more storage I will give it to him and take the 16 for myself.

I have an ipad2 with 32GB, this was the first one we purchased and it was plenty of space until we went on vacation and wanted to load it up for movies for the kids to watch on the 1000 mile drive. Then when on vacation I was trying to decide if I wanted another ipad or other tablet/netbook to keep my TMs on (I do digital versions if they are available) and have for myself. I checked the apple.com store and they had refurbished 64GB Ipad1s for the price of the 32GB Ipad2, so I bought the kids one of those since the only real difference is the Ipad1 has no cameras, which they don't care about anyway. Now they have one for their apps and movies and I have my own for my apps, TMs and to check the boards or email while I'm waiting on them to finish things during school time. I love them both but think if you can swing the 64GB go for that because lets face it double the storage of the next one down for quite a bit less money just seems to make sense.

Thanks all! This is very useful to me, as it is great to hear from people who are using it for the same sorts of things I plan to use it for. As we can get reimbursed for $600 of it, it seems almost silly not to get the 64. And I like the idea of eventually getting a refurb'd iPad1...The way the kids compete to use my little iPod Touch, I'd like iPods or iPads for all! :D Heck, dd9 happily did a second TT math lesson today to earn some iPod time. I gotta milk these things for all they're worth!

We're on the verge of buying an iPad 2, but are waiting for IOS-5 to release on Wednesday. We're getting 32GB. You could get more, but also keep in mind that you can use iCloud staring on Wednesday also. In the course of our research, someone at 800-MY-APPLE assured me that I could store everything in the iCloud and keep just what I wanted on the devices (I'm waiting for the FedEx man to bring me my new 16GB iPhone 4s on Friday). Don't know if that helps or not, but figured I'd throw it out there if it helps anyone.

We're on the verge of buying an iPad 2, but are waiting for IOS-5 to release on Wednesday. We're getting 32GB. You could get more, but also keep in mind that you can use iCloud staring on Wednesday also. In the course of our research, someone at 800-MY-APPLE assured me that I could store everything in the iCloud and keep just what I wanted on the devices (I'm waiting for the FedEx man to bring me my new 16GB iPhone 4s on Friday). Don't know if that helps or not, but figured I'd throw it out there if it helps anyone.

Not to sound totally stoopid (ok, I am old and clueless) but what is IOS-5 and what is a Cloud???? Will it cost money? Will it make SillyAutismMan's 16 iPad 2 store more stuff???? Help out this relic from the past understand all this high-falutin' stuff.

Ok, just back from reading up on this Cloud thingie at the Apple website. Looks cool - and may extend the usefulness of SAM's iPad with its measly 16 whatsamacallits. Once I download the IOS-5 on Wednesday. Providing the one computer here that runs i-Tunes doesn't go totally belly-up first ('puters aren't supposed to make metallic, clunky sounds, are they?)

Edited by JFSinIL

We have the iPad 1 with 16 gb and ran out of space once I loaded it up with audiobooks. We then purchased iPad2 with 32gb which should tide us over until we go all out and get the most space available once the iPad3 comes out. If you plan to only have one, I suggest getting the most space possible.

We have a first generation iPad that is 32G. I also have an iPod touch that is 64. If I was to buy the 2nd generation iPad (has a camera as opposed to the first generation) I would want the 64. I find we use the video camera on my iPod touch a lot and all those little videos take up space!