Menu

Has anybody's college student tried an under pillow speaker

mooooom

as opposed to headphones? My dh thinks this would be more comfortable than headphones that you can sleep in, but I'm wondering if they work as well since you aren't "surrounded" by sound. My dd, especially, is a light sleeper and runs a white noise machine all night.

as opposed to headphones? My dh thinks this would be more comfortable than headphones that you can sleep in, but I'm wondering if they work as well since you aren't "surrounded" by sound. My dd, especially, is a light sleeper and runs a white noise machine all night.

We've never tried the under-pillow speakers, but my daughter sticks her phone under her pillow every night and listens to music as she falls asleep. I used to like perfect silence when I go to sleep, but I've slept with her often enough that now I'm starting to stick my phone under my pillow, too. :tongue_smilie:

We've never tried the under-pillow speakers, but my daughter sticks her phone under her pillow every night and listens to music as she falls asleep. I used to like perfect silence when I go to sleep, but I've slept with her often enough that now I'm starting to stick my phone under my pillow, too. :tongue_smilie:

I'm not normally here in the college section, but I was just browsing and came across this. Just wanted to mention that you may want to use something other than a cell phone to put under your pillow at night for music. It's bad enough to have it near your head when you're talking on it, I can't imagine it's a good idea to be getting those waves all night long. And the amount would probably be higher to get reception since the antenna is buried under the pillow. Maybe a walkman or a pillow speaker would be better? Or maybe I'm just ignorant and the antenna feature is off when you're doing this. :tongue_smilie:

Yes, I am familiar with the speaker in the pillow. I bought one years ago for a roommate who played her radio to go to sleep. The sound kept me awake so I went out and bought her the speaker. At the time is was like $9.98 at Radio Shack. The only problem was that the first night she turned up the volume a bit too high. So the next day when she was in class I went over to her bed and adjusted the volume a bit lower. She never noticed. We were both happy.

I'm not normally here in the college section' date=' but I was just browsing and came across this. Just wanted to mention that you may want to use something other than a cell phone to put under your pillow at night for music. It's bad enough to have it near your head when you're talking on it, I can't imagine it's a good idea to be getting those waves all night long. And the amount would probably be higher to get reception since the antenna is buried under the pillow. Maybe a walkman or a pillow speaker would be better? Or maybe I'm just ignorant and the antenna feature is off when you're doing this. :tongue_smilie:[/quote']

Hmmm.....I never really thought of that. My antenna is off at night, but I don't think hers is. She only listens to it for a about 30 minutes, but still..... Thanks for bringing this up.