Menu

Why have a phone line?

I have a landline so I can have DSL with my telephone cooperative....:glare:

This is us too. We are "required" to have a landline phone in order to get DSL. We also have a telephone co-op. They have jurisdiction is our area so there isn't anything else available. We pay a LOT more than those with cable internet and only get half the speed. Ugh! It is cheaper than satellite service though so it really is our only option. Boo, hiss, hiss!!

How about if you live underground with the moles? (see my location) :lol: A cell phone really doesn't do you a darn bit of good then. :D

Seriously, I really do live underground. We live in an underground home. It is built into a hill, 10 foot underground, with 2 feet of earth on top of that. The walls and ceilings are constructed out of 10,000 PSI concrete.

Needless to say, the second we walk into our home we have a zip, zero, zilch signal. It makes having a landline phone a necessity since we can't get a cell signal in the home.

In your case, probably no reason. In my case, we need a land line because there's a Cone of Silence over our house when it comes to cell reception. Simply pull into the driveway and *poof!* - No Service. :glare:

That happens to my Tracfone whenever I go to Milwaukee. :001_huh:

My in-laws don't have a land line. And when my FIL had an accident that required us to call and ambulance they couldn't find the address for his cell phone.

It was also difficult for us to find a phone in their home to use in the panic.

The ambulance did arrive eventually but it took longer because we had to get the address to them and then give directions because it was a new subdivision and no on google maps yet.

We have a land line now for the purpose of emergencies and for when we leave the kids with a sitter.

:iagree:

This. And, with increased solar activity, I just don't trust satellites to be there when you need them.