Menu

dd is out for her 2nd driving lesson

in NJ for a 16 year old to get a permit they need to either take drivers ed at their high school or like dd is thru a driving school. They have to have 6 1/2 hours of driving time. Her teacher is an older gentleman, he is so calm (just perfect for teaching teens lol). Her first lesson, he had her drive over the bridge to our island that is under major constuction. She is normally afraid of bridges but she did it just fine. She is worried about parallel parking, I told her everyone has trouble with that. Each lesson she has is 2 hours long, After she finishes the lessons with the driving school, then she has to drive with a licensed adult until she is 17 and then she gets an upgraded license which she can have a limited number of passengers and only drive during certain hours.

My asperger son is taking his driving test today - 3rd time to try! He's a great driver but can't handle the silent/judgemental/statue-like testers - they make him so nervous that he can hardly take the test!

Keep your fingers crossed!

• 4 months later...
in NJ for a 16 year old to get a permit they need to either take drivers ed at their high school or like dd is thru a driving school. They have to have 6 1/2 hours of driving time. Her teacher is an older gentleman, he is so calm (just perfect for teaching teens lol). Her first lesson, he had her drive over the bridge to our island that is under major constuction. She is normally afraid of bridges but she did it just fine. She is worried about parallel parking, I told her everyone has trouble with that. Each lesson she has is 2 hours long, After she finishes the lessons with the driving school, then she has to drive with a licensed adult until she is 17 and then she gets an upgraded license which she can have a limited number of passengers and only drive during certain hours.
So, how's the driving going? :bigear:

I just found this thread doing a search on "teen driving." My oldest will be 15 this year and I'm finally coming to terms with the inevitable -- he's going to want to learn to drive just like all the other teens around him. I better start talking my nervousness out now.