Menu

If you bought a shirt

and when you bought it fit, you wore it once and washed it but now the sleeves are too small around, would you take it back or not?

I didn't think I had big arms, but they keep showing everything with sleeves rolled up. The sleeves rolled, the arms are too small around, but with sleeves unrolled the sleeves fit great.

The shirt in question is short sleeves, but with a tab thing to make it looked rolled. I wore it with the tab thing engaged. After washing, it was too tight that way so I unbuttoned the tab and it's still too tight. I bought it at Kohl's if it makes any difference.

Take it back. One washing should not make an item of clothing unwearable. And at a big chain like that, I think you have a better chance of being able to make a return for store credit.

(I've rarely returned anything like that, but I did buy a dress for dd once from Gap, and it fell apart the first time I washed it. They acted horrified and exchanged it no questions asked.)

I've been successful in returning clothes that have shrunk in the wash. It depends on the store. Take it in and confidently inform them that their product shrunk after normal washing and ask that they refund you the money. If you go in whimpering for a refund, they usually tell you no.

If it doesn't work, donate the shirt or use it in a quilt.

Absolutely return it. If it fit before washing and now doens't, that is unacceptable in my world. Besides, Kohl's has a great return policy. If you don't have the receipt you pay what ever the lowest price for that item ever was..that part is frustrating.

Another vote for return. Years ago I got a pair of jersey pants from Sears. It fit great when I tried it on. After the first washing--according to the label directions--the pants shrunk at least 3 inches in length! I explained what happened; they took it back.