Menu

I'm watching my Ball Python in his cage....

things to check:

is it different than curiosity? some snakes are just, well, curious, and investigate where they live.

if it seems its purposeful, then maybe it is:

- temperature (if its too hot, he'd want out)

- hunger (if he ate saturday, and it was an appropriate size for the size of the snake, then he should be more than fine)

- size of cage too small for size of snake

but it looks more like scraping his head and body, may be he needs to shed. is there a rock or something else with irregular edges that he could use if he needs that?

hth,

ann

ps. snakes have different dispositions, too....

things to check:

is it different than curiosity? some snakes are just, well, curious, and investigate where they live.

if it seems its purposeful, then maybe it is:

- temperature (if its too hot, he'd want out)

- hunger (if he ate saturday, and it was an appropriate size for the size of the snake, then he should be more than fine)

- size of cage too small for size of snake

but it looks more like scraping his head and body, may be he needs to shed. is there a rock or something else with irregular edges that he could use if he needs that?

hth,

ann

ps. snakes have different dispositions, too....

I think maybe he was just curious. At one point, though, I think he actually struck out at the screen on top of the aquarium. I know it's not too hot, and I really don't think he could possibly be hungry yet. He's in a 40 gallon tank, so I actually think it may be too large. I think he might be looking for something to climb on/hang from. There's a support bar (about 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide) in the middle of the tank at the top, below the screen. He managed to get most of himself up on the bar under the screen before he fell off of it. Crazy snake.