Menu

VT complete!

So happy for you.

We are just looking into getting our DS 9 a VT evaluation. Audiologist and OT have noted some visual processing weaknesses.

How did you find out about VT and how long does VT take? How often did you go and could you do some of the exercises at home? We are just concerned about which therapies to pursue first.

But again--glad to hear that it was helpful!

Amy

I actually found out about VT from these boards. I went to the COVD website and found a practitioner close by and the rest is history.

She did 36 weeks (or 9 months) of VT. We would go once a week for an hour and were given the instructions and materials to do exercises 5 days additionally during the week. So there was really only one day off of VT each week. The home exercises took anywhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes a day depending on how hard they were. 45 minutes a day was probably the running average.

She has since been diagnosed with some auditory processing problems (mainly in auditory memory) and dyslexia. While VT did help with her fixations, being able to read longer, and her tracking, it really hasn't touched some other areas that are more a result of her dyslexia than vision problems.

But still, 9 months is certainly a long haul and definitely worth celebrating.

Oh my goodness!! 9 months .... 22 months??! EEk. LOL {we just started and I can not picture myself driving there twice a week for that long! I hope after the 8 weeks we are done and that it works!} I am so glad you had great results with your daughter!! That's awesome!

Congrats to your daughter!! That is a cause to celebrate! :)