Menu

8th grade DD hates SOS Spanish

Anyone know of a good Spanish curriculum for an 8th grader? I need something that she can do on her own because I am deaf and can not help her. Would like something that has a book with CD or DVD. Computer based is OK as long as she has a book to re-enforce what she is learning.

Thanks!

Evette

DD prefers Spanish since there are so many Spanish speaking people in America. There seem to be more jobs available to those who speak both English and Spanish.

I didn't realize that RS had a workbook too. It is out of my price rage anyway, but I will keep it in mind.

Thanks for the response.

:001_smile:

Edited by CountryRose
misspelled word

Some libraries have Mango for fee. I have not used So You Really Want to Learn Spanish, but have heard good things about it. If your library carries Pimsleur Spanish it might be a good supplement to whichever program you end up choosing. Livemocha might also be a good supplement (and it's free).

I just downloaded a 7 day trial for Visual Link. I'll see how DD likes that. Thanks for that suggestion!

Basic Spanish is only $7.09 at Amazon. Looks like it could be a good supplement.

I've never heard of Livemocha. I'm going to look that up tonight. Thanks, Stem!

Spanish for Children is something that could work. There seems to be a lot of extras on their website.

Thank you all for the great suggestions! You have all given me some great ideas to get me started.

:thumbup: