Menu

Ordering landscaping plants online

Has anyone ever done this? Our local nursuries are fairly well picked over but we need to get our rental landscaped before it gets too cold. What experience have you had ordering plants online? I'm looking for bedding plants, grasses, small shrubs, nothing substantial.

If you can recommend a good website to order from, I'd appreciate it.

Has anyone ever done this? Our local nursuries are fairly well picked over but we need to get our rental landscaped before it gets too cold. What experience have you had ordering plants online? I'm looking for bedding plants, grasses, small shrubs, nothing substantial.

If you can recommend a good website to order from, I'd appreciate it.

I order cultivar conifers. what part of the country do you live in?

I'd try the garden web forums for the types of plants your looking for for suggestions of where to go. they've been great - very enthusiatic.

I used to order stuff from here:

http://springhillnursery.com/

One rosebush didn't thrive the next spring and they sent a free replacement with no shipping charges. This was over ten yrs ago though.

They only ship certain plants to certain zones at certain times though. Some you can order but the shipping will be delayed. You would have to ask about fall shipping for the specific plants you want. For some it is a zone thing and others it depends on when their nursery stock is ready to ship.

I order cultivar conifers. what part of the country do you live in?

Thank you for the suggestions!

We're in the inland northwest, east of the Cascades - kind of a dry forest region, but the property is near the river and has automatic sprinklers.