Menu

Vent---Lady at dr. office doesn't have the *authority* to cancel an appointment..

I have been trying since yesterday at about 9:45 am to cancel a doctor appointment that THEY messed up. The lady told me she doesn't have the *authority* to cancel the appointment, :huh:and that I need to talk to this other lady. I left a message yesterday morning, called back at 4:00 yesterday and left another message in addition to talking to two other people. I still have not received a call from the woman with the *authority*! :banghead:

Just had to vent. I spend way too much time with insurance companies, pharmacies, and doctors! I feel sorry for folks who have even more severe and complicated situations.

JMO, but I think the authority to cancel the appointment really lies with you. You just need to inform them. What they do with that information from there is up to them. The only thing I think you need to be aware of is whether they have a "cancellation policy" to which you need to conform. Many offices will charge an office visit if the cancellation is made too late.

If you have time (more than a day or two until the appointment) write a letter. Send it RRR so you have proof that you attempted to cancel. That way if your insurance co balks at paying for an appointment that it appears you ditched you'll have something to fall back on. Better to spend $7 and being done with the issue than playing phone tag and potentially being stuck with $100+ bill for an appointment you never went to.

JMO, but I think the authority to cancel the appointment really lies with you. You just need to inform them. What they do with that information from there is up to them. The only thing I think you need to be aware of is whether they have a "cancellation policy" to which you need to conform. Many offices will charge an office visit if the cancellation is made too late.

My sentiments exatcly! :iagree: Problem is they wouldn't even take the information! Crazy. Good news is I JUST now got to speak to someone and the appointment is cancelled. I expressed my complaint, and they said thay have heard the complaint before and are working on the solution.

I was very worried about the no-show fee. Had I not gotten to the person with the *authority* to cancel I was going to talk to the office mananger and get names and numbers!