Menu

What to use after Miquon Math?

SweetPea

My ds is about finished with the last Miquon Math book. Should I start on Singapore, MM? I love that DS has been challenged in how he thinks with Miquon. Having to figure everything out really seems to cement concepts in his mind.

Suggestions? What have others followed Miquon with?

You could just go right on to the Key to series, it is by the same company and uses a lot of the same kind of thinking. If you go through all of those, she would be ready for an algebra program afterwards. The Key to Algebra workbooks are not a full Alegbra I course, but will cover some basics only.

We're spending some time finding & filling gaps (getting her faster at times tables, etc), then going to start Life of Fred, which goes through all of highschool math, and use Key To or Math Mammoth for specific topics if she needs more practice than Fred gives. The reason we chose Miquon to begin with is the lack of repetition (this kid wouldn't do well with tons of similar practice problems) and Fred seems to continue in that direction.

At the moment, she's doing Your Business Math (running a pretend bookstore), some Math Mammoth mult/div pages (because I already owned the book), and Math For Every Kid. I expect she'll start Fred in December or January.