Menu

Doctor Who, "The Wedding of River Song"

**** Spoilers*****:001_smile:

So what did all you whovians think? I enjoyed the episode, but I am trying to figure out why they had to get married.

There was a bit of "Timey Whimey" stuff, but not as much as there has been. I thought that was well done.

I loved Amy saving Rory, then telling him they were married.

Loved the tribute the the Brigadier.

Loved how he told River he forgave her.

We watched it last night so my it's been swimming around my head all day. I wanted to see what others thought.

I think he married her for more than one reason. He needed to calm her down and see reason so she'd shoot him. Insulting her wasn't working. He needed to get her to look in his eye without being obvious about it. He wanted her to be something other than the woman who kills the Doctor. I also think he loves River Song although not necessarily her at that particular age.

The episode was fine if a little short. I was disappointed in the kiss especially after seeing the full take on Confidential. It was a much more believable kiss. Alex Kingston gets all blushy and tells Matt she could kiss him all night to which he replies "And I you, Miss Kingston."

I think it was really bitty story wise and just not that great, some good moments but didn't really move the story on any. Having said that my dh was talking to one of the other doctor who script writers at the weekend, that guy said the script for this episode was dreadful and he is surprised they got such a together episode from it. I just don't understand why they are getting away with such rubbish.

I think the problem they are having is they want BIG stuff, but they are cramming it into one hour shows.

I liked the thing where time was all happening at once. I thought killing a robot doctor was sort of a cop-out. We all figured it was going to be not-our-doctor somehow.

I was disappointed in the kiss especially after seeing the full take on Confidential. It was a much more believable kiss. Alex Kingston gets all blushy and tells Matt she could kiss him all night to which he replies "And I you, Miss Kingston."

I liked the episode but the kiss disappointed me too. I was thinking, aww, c'mon, where's the passion? I was also thinking that David Tennant was a way better kisser! I'll have to look that up.

Overall, the episode was pretty good though. It HAD to be "not our Doctor" somehow...so that was at least better than the Flesh. The scenes where the Doctor was being so hard on River (you embarass me) were so hard to watch and made my heart hurt. :crying: That's kind of why I wanted the kiss to be better.

And yes, Amy and Rory totally rocked. The scene where she realizes the eye patch has already activated...awesome!

ETA, oh, and all those scenes at the beginning where he's doing the Indiana Jones things...loved those!

Also, I liked that they finally explained why the Silence wanted him dead, about him answering the question on that future day.