Menu

Another "What would you serve with this?"

I've got a huge box of fresh corn from the farm stand. I'm making corn chowder and corn spoon bread. I'm just not in a dinner frame of mind, so I'm not feeling inspired to think of sides. Dh is going grocery shopping later, so I'm looking for ideas for fall seasonal sides to add to the grocery list before he leaves.

What would you serve?

(If you post about something particularly yummy, you have to include a recipe!)

Thanks! Cat

I've got a huge box of fresh corn from the farm stand. I'm making corn chowder and corn spoon bread. I'm just not in a dinner frame of mind, so I'm not feeling inspired to think of sides. Dh is going grocery shopping later, so I'm looking for ideas for fall seasonal sides to add to the grocery list before he leaves.

What would you serve?

(If you post about something particularly yummy, you have to include a recipe!)

Thanks! Cat

Green salad with apples and pears?

Thanks! I also picked up apples and pears at the orchard stand, so I'll go with the green salad with apples and pears and add some pecans. I wish I had goat cheese too.

I went out to the garden to look for a cucumber and picked a bowl of late tomatoes, so we're having a fresh tomato salad too. :) I SO wish I had strawberries for dessert! :tongue_smilie:

Beans and corn spoon bread sound fantastic, and I'll have to remember to make a side soup of corn chowder next time dh makes ribs. Yum. Now I'm hungry. Time to toss the salad and eat!

Thank you all.

Cat