Menu

Hotel Towel Quality - where to find them?

I am currently staying at a Lodge and am reminded again that hotel towels seems to have superior absorbent qualities than my towels at home. I am ready to order some new towels anyway.

Anyone know of a good place? I bought from Lands' End a long time ago but the quality in their clothing has suffered since they made manufacturing changes. Anyone know if the quality of their towels has suffered as well?

I don't know about Lands End but I recently bought towels at Costco that are great! They're even 'hotel white'. I don't particularly care what color my bathroom towels are so when I saw these, I had to snag some. They were a great price, slightly larger than normal, fluffy, and very absorbant.

I have yet to stay at a hotel (and I just got back from an expensive one - another reason I prefer B&B's) that has towels as nice as the one's I pick up from bed-bath-n-beyond, costco (they've been better recently), marshall's/TJMaxx, humm, guess those are the only places recently.

look for 100% SUpima cotton - it's long staple as opposed to short staple. avoid polyester/nylon/combos like the plague (my mil loves them because they "look" nice. don't absorb worth a darn). look for tight weave/loops as opposed to looser. Egyptian cotton used to be all long staple - but I'm seeing short staple egyptian towels that are garbage. so look and compare to sift through what's there. alot of them are pretty worthless, but there is some great stuff there too.

don't use fabric softener with towels - it coats the cotton and they don't absorb as much water.

look for 100% SUpima cotton - it's long staple as opposed to short staple. avoid polyester/nylon/combos like the plague (my mil loves them because they "look" nice. don't absorb worth a darn). look for tight weave/loops as opposed to looser. Egyptian cotton used to be all long staple - but I'm seeing short staple egyptian towels that are garbage.

I must have succumbed to the temptation of cheaper towels - cannot remember what I paid but mine do NOT absorb much. Will go check Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I must have succumbed to the temptation of cheaper towels - cannot remember what I paid but mine do NOT absorb much. Will go check Bed, Bath & Beyond.

I got some great towels at BB&B on closeout. I took one home, tried it, and rushed back and bought the lot. Ribbed. I like them ribbed: heaven.

I don't know about Lands End but I recently bought towels at Costco that are great! They're even 'hotel white'. I don't particularly care what color my bathroom towels are so when I saw these, I had to snag some. They were a great price, slightly larger than normal, fluffy, and very absorbant.

:iagree: I bought some recently from Costco to replace the towels in our master bath. I really like them. :)