Menu

Pre-cooked Bacon?

Yes, I use it. It doesn't stink up my house when I reheat it like cooking bacon does. I love having it on hand for things like sandwiches or to just dump into soups.

On occassion, when I can have the windows open, I will pre-cook regular bacon in the oven. And keep it in the freezer so I don't have to pay extra for the precooked stuff.

I'm sure there are health reasons for not using it. Bacon isn't really in the health food category to begin with.

I buy the precooked stuff exclusively at Costco. ONe time I counted the slices of bacon in a pound before cooking and then how many sllces I got in the precooked stuff and it was actually cheaper than uncooked.

I am not sure how it would compare if you bought smaller packages. Buy it in bulk if you can.

I'm sure there are health reasons for not using it. Bacon isn't really in the health food category to begin with.

Heehee. I bought a box yesterday thinking, "I bet this stuff has tons of preservatves in it." And then I remembered...it's bacon. Of course it's full of all kinds of things that I shouldn't be eating. :lol: