Menu

Personal Bible Study---need ideas on a book/study to do

A friend and I have been doing Bible studies "together" for a few years now. Basically we just each do them on our own and when we get together to walk we discuss any questions we have, problems we had with finding the answer, things that stuck out to us, etc.--nothing formal but nice to be studying the same topic.

We have used quite a few of the programs from Explorers Bible Study http://www.explorerbiblestudy.org/courses but we were wondering if there are any other similar ones out there.

We would like:

A Bible study based on studying the scriptures, not just a few scriptures thrown in with a lot of personal commentary.

Daily short sessions--like 5-6 days a week or 15-20 minutes vs. a bigger once a week lesson or daily lessons that take a lot more time.

A study where we can learn the who, what, where, when, how, why, history, etc. of the scripture being studied.

nothing really touchy/feely where it is all emotion based. Personal application is good though.

Any ideas for us to check out?

I love the Following God series; I am currently doing this one on the prophets. The format looks like a Beth Moore study, but the content is very different. Any commentary is VERY practical, lots of word study, background information, etc. I've done a few of these studies and I've loved every one. I haven't done any of the women studies, only the prophets, kings, and I think either the Old Testament or New Testament one (that one was quite a few years back...) The application portions of these studies has been better than any other study I've done.

HTH!

… We would like:

A Bible study based on studying the scriptures, not just a few scriptures thrown in with a lot of personal commentary.

Daily short sessions--like 5-6 days a week or 15-20 minutes vs. a bigger once a week lesson or daily lessons that take a lot more time.

A study where we can learn the who, what, where, when, how, why, history, etc. of the scripture being studied.

nothing really touchy/feely where it is all emotion based. Personal application is good though.

Any ideas for us to check out?

Perhaps one from Precept Ministries New Inductive Study Series.

Best Wishes