Menu

Math excitement.

KristenR

It just dawned on me that I am really looking forward to our math lesson tomorrow. Nothing overly new and exciting--- just a general feeling of confidence building for myself and my daughter. Maybe I'll get over my fear of math afterall.... :001_smile:

Just wanted to share!!!

Good for you! Not passing on our fears/anxieties about certain subjects that typically we had less than stellar experiences with in school is a HUGE deal and very hard to do. So good on ya! I suffer from a similar anxiety about art, no doubt directly related to my school experience of art: teacher holds up 'finished' craft/project and says, "make yours look as much like this as possible; this is the ONE RIGHT WAY to do this." Yeah, the parallel to the source of most people's math anxiety is obvious, eh? :D

Hope you and your daughter have fun!

That's awesome!!! What curriculum are you using?

We're doing Miquon and lots of play time with manipulatives like c-rods and base tens. My daughter seriously LOVES the hundred flat for some reason. She asks if she can carry it around. I can't wait until she sees the 1000 cube!!