Menu

Online option for advanced learners???

lisamarie

I'm wondering if there is an online option for elementary aged advanced learners (or a regular one that is more rigorous). I'd prefer Christian worldview, but I can work around one that is neutralish. I've done a little searching around and the programs I'm seeing are SOS (my impression is that this one is not advanced), Bob Jones, and eventually Veritas Press (4th grade and up--DS is currently in 3rd grade). Are there any others out there that I'm missing?

The Potters School courses tend to be meaty/rigorous/challenging. I've got my eyes on Adventures In Writing for dd8 for next year. Dd14 took English 2 & US History last year at age 13. Both older dc took Lingua Latina w/ Mr. Spotts in early middle school. Very intense to say the least.

Currently Dd8 does Singapore cwp/ip w/ an online tutor from Cybershala.com twice/week. Rachna is wonderful. I watch in amazement. Hubby & I can translate the problems to alg but Rachna helps dd w/ the bar models. The owners of Cybershala are a wonderful Indian couple who live in Chicago. They began doing Singapore with their own children after disappointment with the local schools. Clever business model. Ask for a free 1 hour class with Rachna. We love her.

AOPS online is another option. VP online has a strong following in some circles.

HTH! I plan to utilize more online learning for my dds when the time is right. Outside accountability is a game-changer for my dc. It raises the bar and the output is phenomenal.