Menu

90th day of triple digit heat!

I keep track in Celsius, so I haven't seen triple digits yet. But I've seen it as high as 46. I said to my wife, "It's like the surface of Venus out here. You know, it's not the heat so much as..." and she finished the sentence for me, "...the crushing atmospheric pressure." I predict a lot of eye-rolling in our child's future.

Yes, I'm in Austin,TX. We just reached 101. If my oldest wasn't sick we'd soooo be in the pool (again).

Oh, wow. It's even hotter there than in Houston. I think we get a slight break because of the gulf. It's only supposed to get up to 96 today. (only!) It's supposed to cool off this weekend, though. Are y'all going to get the same cool front?

I have lived here all my life. I've always willing traded the hot summers for the milder winters, but this year has been absolutely ridiculous!

Insanity!:eek:

My dad's former girlfriend got so sick of our frigid Iowa winters that she moved to Texas in June... what was that, like 90ish days ago?!

Hmm, wonder if she's wishing for our winters now!:tongue_smilie:

As y'all say down there.... bless her heart:lol:

It's a nice brisk 72 degrees here at the moment ;)

My dad's former girlfriend got so sick of our frigid Iowa winters that she moved to Texas in June... what was that, like 90ish days ago?!

Hmm, wonder if she's wishing for our winters now!

My SIL moved from Iowa to Texas this summer. She keeps saying how much she loves the weather here. :tongue_smilie: Lizard.

I've been here 20+ years. I can't figure out why we fought for this land. I'm ready to hand it back over to Mexico. :lol: