Menu

Kolbe users

AimeeM

For those who use Kolbe, I have a few questions.

First, is the program accredited?

Second, if I want to substitute a few subjects (history, math, and vocabulary), am I able to do so; and if so, how does this work with their feedback services?

Last, what are your opinions of this school option? Is it enjoyable? Easy to work with?

Thanks!

I don't use kolbe (yet) but I know the answer to the first two questions is YES, it is accredited and you can substitute. If you are registered you still get support even if you substitute courses.

They have a forum you can browse on their website that is very active, a catalog that gives more up-to-date info on their curriculum (for instance they are doing classical comp instead of their previous program, and they've just updated their lit giudes for elementary and middle grades), and there is a detailed review of high school on homeschoolreviews.com that I found helpful.

I purchased the student guides and course plans for their lit programs already and im very impressed.

It sounds great. I think we will enroll. The substitution I need to make are based on Autumn's dyslexia. I will need to start a level below in composition (while still using theirs), use my own spelling/vocabulary program, and substitute a different math program (Saxon is a disaster for us).

I don't use kolbe (yet) but I know the answer to the first two questions is YES, it is accredited and you can substitute. If you are registered you still get support even if you substitute courses.

They have a forum you can browse on their website that is very active, a catalog that gives more up-to-date info on their curriculum (for instance they are doing classical comp instead of their previous program, and they've just updated their lit giudes for elementary and middle grades), and there is a detailed review of high school on homeschoolreviews.com that I found helpful.

I purchased the student guides and course plans for their lit programs already and im very impressed.