Menu

::ssiigghh:: of exasperation and question about signing up for the SAT

Okay, I'm on the http://www.collegeboard.com website, and I'm in the midst of signing up son #2 for the SAT. The process requires you to create an account for him. Early in the registration process it asks "do you REALLY want a second account with the same email." I click YES. (Because that's all of the email addresses I am willing to make available to them.) Two pages later into the process, the registration process automatically forces me to go back and log into our FIRST account (for son #1) -- not allowed to have more than one account with the same email, it tells me.

Okay, fine, I'm thinking, I'll just register son #2 for the SAT through our original account for son #1. BUT, the process informs me, that is impossible, because the name on the original account cannot be changed. BUT, the SAT requires the test-taker's name to appear on their photo ID exactly as you input it on the account and test registration. BUT, the website won't allow me to either change the name OR create a second account!!

HELP! How did the rest of you get past this circular logic for subsequent children taking the SAT??!! Deeply exasperated... Lori D.

Thanks ladies. Looks like the consensus is I'll have to open a new email. Sigh...

Whine: I just don't get why it has to be that complicated though. Surely they must have enough families with multiple children taking the SAT that you could have ONE account, with ONE email, with MULTIPLE children on the account to manage all the tests...?? Okay, whine over. On to hoop jumping.

Thank you all! Warmest regards, Lori D.

I was just on their site yesterday dealing with the same thing. I don't think they are thinking of parents signing students up. Maybe we should suggest a different option for homeschoolers.

I think there is an expectation that any student will have their own email. They get emails from teachers, and often schools provide them.

I set up a gmail account for each of my teens. I used it for their College Board account, and I use it when I sign them up for college lists.