Menu

Horatio Hornblower series

He marries his wife from feelings of obligation, and later regrets it. When he is off fighting the Napoleonic Wars he obtains a mistress (he has a lot of guilt in that), and he later marries her.

Aside from that, there are descriptions of war and British naval life. This includes some amount of graphic descriptions of injuries, prostitutes being on board, things like that.

I let my kids read them at 12.

He marries his wife from feelings of obligation, and later regrets it. When he is off fighting the Napoleonic Wars he obtains a mistress (he has a lot of guilt in that), and he later marries her.

Aside from that, there are descriptions of war and British naval life. This includes some amount of graphic descriptions of injuries, prostitutes being on board, things like that.

I let my kids read them at 12.

Thank you, Mrs. Mungo.

I am not opposed to him reading about references to relationships, or the existence of prostitutes, but I don't want to hand him anything with details. :D

Thank you, Mrs. Mungo.

I am not opposed to him reading about references to relationships, or the existence of prostitutes, but I don't want to hand him anything with details. :D

No, there are no details. It's all pretty hazy. You never know what some people object to. I've been quite surprised by it here at times, so I try to be specific and let people know what's there. They can decide whether they are okay with it.