Menu

Advice for new kitten please

We have an approx 12 week old kitten that we found outside when she was 5-6 weeks old. She has been to the vet and seems healthy. We however have a urination problem. Claudia (the kitten) took to the litter box right away and continues to use the litter box daily. However, she also pees outside the box. If our bath mat gets left down in the bathroom, she pees on it. Laundry on the floor, she pees on it. The girls put down an old pillow for her to lie on and she peed on it. I also suspect that she has gotten the carpet in the dining room. She is a lovely kitty otherwise but I cannot deal with this for the rest of her life. Any suggestions. I know that neutering can help male cats with similar behavior but does spaying female cats have a similar effect? I have always had cats and never before had this behavior with a kitten. As background, we do have an older cat as well but her litter box is in a separate area of the house.

when one of our cats was a tiny kitten she was losing weight and just looked scruffy (she is a longhair). It turned out that she had a bladder infection. The vet either gave her an antibotic injection or pills (I don't remember) but it cleared up. She is 4 now and a month ago she was peeing on boxes so we took her in, turned out she now had a urinary tract infection, got an injection and it cleared up. Our vet is an expert at getting an urine sample by needle into the bladder.

when one of our cats was a tiny kitten she was losing weight and just looked scruffy (she is a longhair). It turned out that she had a bladder infection. The vet either gave her an antibotic injection or pills (I don't remember) but it cleared up. She is 4 now and a month ago she was peeing on boxes so we took her in, turned out she now had a urinary tract infection, got an injection and it cleared up. Our vet is an expert at getting an urine sample by needle into the bladder.

Ouch!