Menu

My turn with Dr. Hive.. torn bicep tendons??

Misty

About 3 months ago, I lifted something that was much too heavy for me with the help of an adrenaline rush.. I was in the middle of a life and death situation for a helpless animal. I lifted an A/C window unit over my head and back up into a window (where I had just removed it to rescue an animal from the house). The owners knew I was there (they were on vacation when I was summoned to their house).

Anyway, ever since then, my upper arms both hurt when I try to lift anything, pull on anything, press down on anything, or even turn my steering wheel while driving. It only hurts in one little spot just below my shoulders (outside arm). I thought it was just pulled muscles for the longest time, but since they're not getting better, I think I must have torn my bicep tendons!

Is there anything I can do? Should I go to the doctor? Will this heal eventually on its own? Can the doctor do anything? I don't think the tendons are fully torn or else I would probably have difficulty with range of motion and such, right?:confused:

ETA: Woohoo! This is my 1000th post!!!!!

Edited by Misty