Menu

Was there any update on the Whole Foods situation?

A while ago there was a thread about a member here who was treated very badly at Whole Foods-- accused of shoplifting and banned from the store. She had been getting a treat for her kids to eat while she shopped. I remember she was going to contact their corporate headquarters and complain about this. Does anybody recall what happened? I can't find her thread again. Thanks!

Thanks for asking.

Sorry I updated on other boards but forgot to do so here.

I got in touch with the head office and got a call from both the store manager and an email from the area manager a few days later. They apologized about what had happened and had a talk to their staff about it. They also said no records were kept or sent to the police.

I still don't plan to shop there though.

It is humiliating that happened to you! I have to say that I am biased to Whole Foods (my dh is a store manager), but my dh said that security at any Whole Foods is actually a contract service. So they are not actual Whole Foods team members and do not operate under their values. I know this does not really change what happened to you, but maybe it puts it into a little more perspective.

I am surprised that this happened. Whole Foods has a policy to let people try and take home samples of items, if a team member notices anyone interested in something. I know this is not the same as your scenario, but we have found if the kids are tasting some fruit or whatever that someone will always come over and let the kids have an item as a store sample.

I hope you do not let this sour your opinion permanently. One persons bad judgement shouldn't taint your feelings for the whole company. But I do sympathize with you :001_smile: